Ryzen 1700 build for Blender

Hi guys, I’m planning to build a Ryzen 1700 build specifically for Blender and Cycles, and not for gaming. I’m also planning to get RX 580 8gb mainly because of the VRAM. Can you guys kindly recommend a good/great Ryzen 1700 build with 1400$ budget? And should I go for Linux or Windows 10? Thank you very much in advance and i would highly appreciate it. :o

Hi.
Ryzen has given good results to render with Cycles, but for some simulations and single thread processing within Blender it have been a bit slow. For example with this benchmark (see user results below):

This single thread benchmark is suitable to have a mere idea (not always correct) about how fast our CPU could be working in Blender (I’m not talking about rendering with Cycles for which you should see multi threading benchmarks):
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

Generally a good CPU decision has to do with a balance between good number of threads, and good single thread performance.
If you do not have a bigger budget to buy something better on that list, Ryzen 1700 does not seem bad anyway. But I say it so you have it in mind.

Regarding OS, CPU is always somewhat faster in Linux.

Wait until Ryzen+ in early April, it’s being said to have a nice bump in both single core and multi-core speeds and those are from the engineering samples.

Also, waiting will give a little bit of a chance to see if GPU prices go down, as they at inflated prices at the moment due to crypto-mining (especially with Radeons).