Wear and tear in Blender Cycles

Welcome to take a peek in my document about “wear & tear” using Blender Cycles nodes :).
Still WIP, but with more than 140 pages I’ll cover a great deal of what you possibly wants to know in that area.

The document is enabled for comments as well, so if you see something that is off, wants a chapter more or don’t understand an explanation… just put a comment there so I can get it even better for you.

The link is:

1 Like

Thanks for your efforts.

You are welcome :). Will be new stuff in there daily, since I’m still adding things in it… but sooner or later it would finished (I hope).

I looked through this quick and all I can say right now is …It’s Great… Thank You. For someone like me who even though I played with Blender on and off for a couple of years, this really makes understanding so much easier. Great Job. Honestly…Do you think it would ever be finished with all the things you can do? I’m looking foward to sitting down and reading it.

#Prez27125, honestly…not fully :D. I started this document to give people in my FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/388923314889254/ a higher understanding of what you can do with procedural textures around wear and tear, but I found out that I myself also learn new stuff every day… so it’s a never ending story.
To make it “finished” this document should “only” be about “wear and tear” and after that it will probably be new documents as well. I have some members in the group that really wants the same for just the basic about all this. “What is a node? How do we connect them? What is wrong way and right?”… that sort of things. Then we have the other scale… people doing OSL stuff and wants to know more about that… and there I am… trying to grasp this is as well now … and as soon I know enough about it I’ll write it down for you as well :).

Thanks for your efforts.

good job mate !

I just skimmed through this so far, but it is really great! Thanks so much. It will really help me out.