templates_py

Hi

I had this idea about a proper place to collect templates for python files. So I had a little discussion on the blend dev channel. After aggresively helping eachother and intense discussions with bzztploink , we came to the conslusion. Basically you can have templates_py in your user directory which adds to the existing default py templates.

I started a small repo so i can get this going. The idea is to maintain a curated templates_py that can be the most beneficial when scripting and getting work done. I feel like the current templates is just so so.

Anyway here is my little repo.

You probably will want pull requests. I might also move it to github. I have a blender dev account but it was disabled so I am going public here :wink:

Also one of the important thing is to create a proper context format and naming and info for the templates that we should follow along the way so the work and the originators of these tiny scripts are appreciated.

Head over to your Blender user folder scripts then clone the repository above, it should be ready to be seen in Blender.

I am hoping that we can actually have custom templates_* so we can have sub groups and neatly organized scripts there. So far only templates_py or _osl seems to work.

If you have a much better idea please share. The point is to make scripting accessible.

thanks