FBX export, parent for leaf bones

Hi, got quite difficult issue with my rigg and exporting it.

So the story is… XD

I have a bipedal character run animation with two swords, BLUE sword permanently parented to left hand
and RED sword that needs to be animated with changing parent so i use “Child Of” constraint on it.
Animation on its own works fine.

BUT i use a root motion based movement for it in game so the RED sword isn’t animated properly since its not a part of the bone hierarchy (it still is in the same armature) :frowning: (making it for Unity humanoid BTW )

I did similar animations in max and the exporter automaticley linked any loose bones like this to the main root.

So can i have a non influential root parent for a bone and still use “Child Of” constraint on different bones.
Or is there some option to the fbx exporter that can link the loose
bones to main root as main parent on export.

It should work if you bake it, try Bake Action with visual keying enabled.

nope same thing :frowning: btw dosnt he automatically bake animations on export??

Any constraints needs to be rooted somewhere on export for this to work :frowning:
if it isn’t the game doesn’t recognize it for root motion…

Here’s the weird thing when set the parent of it to the root and use constraints like Copy Transforms or Copy Location it overrides the position of the parent but not if i use Child Of… is it a bug or something?

So there is no solution for working with child of constraints and exporting it using specific parent ? :frowning:

This kindaw sux if you whant to export characters with aditionable animateble attachments as bones …working with a child of constraint and not actually able to export it in the bone hierarchy is really a big problem for me.

Anyone has a different solution for this problem? maybe i’m missing something obvious :(.
Maybe there is some addon to the FBX exporter that forces specific bone to be a parent of parentless bones on export??

Automatic visual keying for all exported actions on all armatures should be an option…