Denoise blur on light/transparent object

Hey,

My final render keeps showing up massive blur from the denoise feature, especially around the emission light and transparent glass. If I take off the denoise the render has a lot of fireflys. I thought rendering it at 4000 samples and turning the denoise strength would help but it still is blurry… any ideas? Thanks

View port looks ok

Final render looks blurred

Increase denoising radius to max.
In this image denoising radius is at 5 like yours.

In this image denoising radius is at 25 (max possible), and it will take longer to render.

Hello.
Anyway, apparently there are many fireflies there. How many samples to render are you using in this screenshot? Perhaps you have disabled Multiple Importance in Material tab > Settings (for the emission material)?

Edit:
Ok, light through glass material produces many fireflies. So find a balance between increasing samples and doing what Vadrigar has recommended. Also Clamp with safe values (example: direct ~ 10, indirect ~ 5) can help to reduce a little fireflies and prevent denoise artifacts.

Another approach that you might consider here is to use Cycles and BI at the same time. Basically, there’s a very-directional blob of light on the floor that is supposed to be coming from the (not plugged-in?) light bulb. Cycles isn’t very good at doing that – but an old-fashioned BI spotlight is. (Or, two or more spots, in this case.) So, let Cycles do the light-bulbs minus the spot (including the business that’s going on with the inside glass surface of the closest bulb), then let BI do the spot and the shadows that it casts. Then comp the two together. No one will know. (Use “MultiLayer OpenEXR” files throughout!)

You have several rendering algorithms at your disposal, all of which use the same geometry and which therefore produce imagery that can be perfectly combined. You have a fully-developed system of object linking between scenes and files. Leverage this to your full advantage.

P.S.: Yet-another BI render could be used to quickly give you the “kiss of light” that will help those other light-bulbs in the darkness to pop-out.

Yes, yes, you are “faking it.” But, “fake is good.”