Duo GPU for viewport performance?

Hi all.
I have a question. Does multiple GPUs increase FPS with more heavy scenes in the viewport?
I want to upgrade my machine with new GPU. Now I running my system on windows 10 with GeForce 980ti.
And now my interest is it worth to buy the second card like GeForce 1080 or Titan!:confused:

I can confirm that it does.

I have 2 rx 480s. and time was cut nearly in half. Looking at GPU usage, I can clearly see that both GPU’s are used when rotating the view

Thanks, Cresiek.

I understood that viewport performance did not benefit from using SLI or CrossFire. Or are we not talking about this?

Edit:
Mmmm, there are some other answers here:

I have to investigate more about this.

Anyway, keep in mind that viewport performance does not only depend on GPU. Many things depend on CPU and also many of them use a single CPU thread, so those things slow down viewport.

Viewport uses (like rendering) all available resources. So not sli or Xfire, but simply GPu compute devices. And when rotating the vewiport I can clearly see that samples are computed faster and final update to the scene in viewport is about 1/2 when I switch from 1GPU to 2GPU.

As for CPU, that I would need to do more testing, but so far on my aged Xeon I can only confirm that 2 GPU’s give me nearly 2x performance improvement in viewport and rendering.

Note that this will depend on the scene, I have not tested this with fog/smoke/particles/hair/grass. just some of my models.

I’ll do some more testing on some of the blender.org scenes and report back

If you already have an 980 TI GPU you cant use SLI with 1080. To make a SLI bridge its a must to have 2 identical GPU cards.