Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    After being tempted on using Vim for a long time, and after being stuck with Eclipse for some time, I've finally set on Vscode.
    Tought of using PyCharm too, but I need a strong debugger and it looks like the free version doesn't allow for remote debugging, needed in Blender...
    VScode feels a bit like Atom on steroids... not a big fan of MS things so it was a surprise to me...
    Not perfect anyway but near. It's fast. Debugger once you get to make it work, is good.
    There's a plugin with howto for setting it up here. It works with simple scripts too (read my note in the issues).
    Anyway, autocompletion is not working well. Looks like it doesn't support predefinition files... I had to build blender python module tragedy to make it work... (for those interested, steps are summarized in a post here).
    Once importing library, autocompletion looks fixed...
    If someone knows some tricky trick...

I have setup vs_code autocomplete for by these steps:
    a)Get PYREFDEF from pitiwazu video description:
    b)put (and other definition files) to some folder eg.:
    C:\Users\<usr_name>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\pypredef\{*.py files here}
    c)Got to vscode settings (F1-> user settings-> :
     "python.autoComplete.extraPaths": ["C:/Users/JoseConseco/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.79/pypredef"],
    That is it, now autocomplete will work for

VS_code pylinter will complain about not being able to load bpy ("Unable to import bpy"). I tried to silence pylinter by creating folder: named "pylintrc" in root folder of scripts and then put .pylintrc file inside (eg. from: ).
    But pylinter now won't work at all...
    In my case .pylintrc file is located in:
    'C:\Users\<usr_name>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\pylintrc\.p ylintrc'

And it containns:
    init-hook='import sys; sys.path.append("C:/Users/JoseConseco/AppData/Roaming/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.79/pypredef")'
    AFAIK init-hook - should disable "Unable to import bpy" - but it is actually disabling file checking for whole script....
    If anybody know how to silence above error let me know.

I am back at using IDLE

I would bet, it can use the blender data, I don't have the right vocabulary for this, sorry about that

Thanks JoseConseco, auto completion using wazu scripts seems to work now
    Still I'm not able to fix the linter, I'm still in the "curses" moment with this tool...
    Gonna calm 5 minutes before I try again...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12