Easy way to keep the tube equal distance from the piramid object during animation

Hi everyone.

I have attached my blender file…
I have created a simple animation of a cement pouring system
I want to animate further and have the piramid object moving about the scene…

I’d like to have the tube stay equal distance as frame1 throughout the animation without the need to manually move the tube.

The tube while pouring will shake as the cement flows… as I’ve already animated that.

Many thanks

Edit: I’ve re-uploaded the blend file as it was broken… sorry

Attachments

Concrete.blend (677 KB)

simple answer is to parent it to the pyramid. So select tube, select pyramid, key CTRL+P => “Object” then it will go wherever the pyramid goes.

Cheers, Clock.

You say your wanting it to shake…
yet stay at the same distance …
judging from your file…
this seems to be a contradiction in purpose…
as the shaking is moving up and down the curve…
so how can it be that… you don’t want it move away from the pyramid… ?

do you mean you want it to stay put in the up and down motion and the shake in along the other axis… ?

also I noticed in your model that all of your ‘scales’ are all out of whack…
you will always have problems in your animations if you leave those like that…

all your objects before you start animating should have any scaling ‘applied’ such they all read ‘1.0’ all axis…

Hi Norvman, and Clock Mender.

I have posted a new .blend file. In my new file I have 2 scenes,
Scene1 is showing that as the pyramid object moves the tube does not stay in clsoe proximity
Scene2 is the same thing but I’ve had to edit the Z-AXIS location of the tube by adding 7 keyframes. when the animation grows and for other projects ive done Ive had to set sometimes over 100 keyframes keeping the tube in place.

I was hoping there was a way to have the tube automatically adjust it’s own Z-axis to keep a close proximity, and even know the tube is shaking on the Z axis, I’m using an NLA animation which repeats for the shaking. I would like to make it so the tube stays within a Set amount distance from the other object and still shake.

Lastly, a comment was made on my scaling is out of whack,
I am really having a hard time with this and everytime I scale and apply, the changes size and so on.
I have tried to make projects with human characters and when rigging and chaning the objects when I apply scale, when I move the timeline the scale returns and then all hell breaks loose…
I have had a hard time understanding this entire concept and even know I have read blender help it doesnt make sense…
If there is a good read on scaling or if you can explain the right way to do it, such as order?.

thanks.
Shaun

Attachments

Cement Modified.blend (690 KB)

Well Shaun… The Lastly and scaling issue: What was ment: Apply scale prior to any animation! If You started to apply any sort of movement, scale or what ever during animation time… this is triggered as animation. And as far as this is 99% of the cases not really wanted… well… the result You see by your own.

Do ALL scaling in EDIT Mode, this avoids all the problems you have with keyframed/animated scales, etc. If you rig to an armature you can scale the bones in the armature in Pose mode and keyframe them, then all stays as it should. Rigs should always have a “root” bone to which all IK targets and major bones are parented, then you can just scale the root bone and keyframe it in Pose Mode and the whole lot scales nicely. Scaling in Object mode is a recipe for disaster, unless you apply scale BEFORE animating. This is all you need to know about scaling object - i.e. DON’T DO IT in Object Mode, or Apply the scale, if you must - same goes for rotating in Object Mode… An object’s Transforms should be 0,0,0 for rotation and 1,1,1 for scale. By all means keyframe changes, but this is how it should be before animation. I am of course also endorsing everything others have said.

Cheers, Clock.