hair problem

Hi all,

I wondred how to use particles.
In order to make hair in a head that I have modelised with the brush.
I select the hair selection of my mesh (with the circle select) and I have the following ressult :

The problem is that when I use the “particle selection” and choose the type “Type hair”,
the hair appears in the totality of the head (and not only in my selection).

Thans for your help,

A+

With all of the vertices selected that you want hair to come out of, on the Object Data tab, click + to add a new Vertex Group and then press Assign.

Then, within the Hair Particle system, scroll down to Vertex Groups and for the Density group, select that vertex group you just created. At which point, all the hairs will then only grow out around the area of the selected vertices in that Vertex group. Due to interpolated settings, child hairs and various other hair particle options, chances are the hair will grow out of faces that cover a bit more of just the area you initially selected, hence its usually a better idea to select a smaller area on the model compared to the actual area you want hair to appear.

My true question is the following :

how to make hair only on the top of the head?

Thank you,

A+

Answer is still exactly the same, just only select the vertices around the top of the head.

Or

You could just duplicate the head and then create a ‘scalp’ by deleting all faces other then those around the top of the head. Scale it down so its just a very little bit smaller and hence sitting just under the surface of the head and apply the hair particle system to the whole scalp object. Then comb, shape, style as you like.

Thanks for your help, I good have the hair on the top of the head.
Here is my result (background view)

I look for a parameter (hair simulation) that make locks longer.
I have tried some parameters but I don’t have find the fine.

Thank to you,

A+

Thanks for your help, I good have the hair on the top of the head.
Here is my result (background view)

I look for a parameter (hair simulation) that make locks longer and more thick.
I have tried some parameters but I don’t have find the fine.

Thank to you,

A+

Hi all,

More precisiously, what I want to make is the following hair :

Here is a sample of my work :

As you can see my locks are too thin.

Your help is welcome,

A+

A few of the following settings can control the general length, thickness, etc of hair. All of this does tend to assume that the mesh object is at a default scale/rotation, which is vital for any type of particle/dynamic/physics type system. In order to do that, select the object and press Ctrl-A and select Rotation & Scale.

With that done, Under Emission, Hair length will control the general overall length of the hair. Depending on how long your hair is, you may want to increase the initial number of Segments in the first lot of settings.

Usually you only have a smaller number of main hairs under Emission and then use Children hairs to fill out the rest, that’s also where you can setting Clumping, which will ‘pull’ the ends of hairs together, a bit like those sample images.

For overall thickness, this is controlled under the Cycles Hair Settings, but keep in mind, that will only really show when you render the image, it won’t adjust how things look in the basic viewport.

Another thing to keep in mind is that you can have more then one particle hair system on any given mesh, just by using vertex groups to control where the hair from each system appears.

At this stage, I’d more suggest having a search on Youtube for some basic hair tutorials for Blender, since at the end of the day, things can get very complex, very quickly and then animating it is an even bigger nightmare.

After which it’s just a matter of spending time and playing around with it all so you can slowly understand how it all works.

I just want to know how to adjust the parameters in order to have the following hair result :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u2fsbni4h…age_1.jpg?dl=0

A blender file is welcome

Thanks to you,

A+

Hi all,

I have solved my problem : I just have to use children particles and incrementate the parameter uniform.

Thanks to all

Hi,

Here is my work with the hair :

As you can see my locks are too long.
I have tried the mode “particle edit” but this one doesn’t work.
Moreover I put the “hair lengh” parameter to the minimum but this one doesn’twork too.

What I want is that my hair become more short.

Thank to you,

A+

Hi,

Here is my work with the hair :

As you can see my locks are too long.
I have tried the mode “particle edit” but this one doesn’t work.
Moreover I put the “hair lengh” parameter to the minimum but this one doesn’twork too.

What I want is that my hair become more short.

Thank to you,

A+