Dexmo by Dexta - 3d force feedback exoskeleton( hand) it's a start.

I am glad to say,
I told you so.

now in about 3 years we will be using our hands to interface with virtual objects that feel like they are real.

imagine feeling the warmth of clay, or from working the clay it gets softer like real clay :3

I wonder if this can be added? -

Do they have Open Source drivers so we can use it?

The price for each glove is 12000€… this limits this product to a very few use cases :stuck_out_tongue:

But is cool.

Cheers

yeah, I posted the same idea as this on this forum like 8+ years ago

I said the idea was public domain.

we should get together with a 3d printer and start making our own designs and get them in a git.

Once you factor in the sensors that would be needed, the code needed to run them, and the materials/printing technology that would be needed, it’s still not going to be affordable for the vast majority of Blender users (because you will have to charge a high price if you want to pay off the expenses).

At best, a good high-end 3D printer that you can actually buy can make you a shell with joints (but that is only one piece of the total package). It’s also very likely that Dexmo only got this far after many years of R&D, this is not something that you can quickly advance from an idea to a working solution that is actually sculpting something.

yeah, remember I first proposed the idea here 8+ years ago (and also Vive handle/3d mice!!)

I am patient, this will be the standard os interface one day.

I was thinking a ‘backpack’ + bike cables for many of the ‘muscles’ and small self contained weak linear actuators for the small movements like fingers,

(we want to feel the mesh not rip off our fingers)