How to decelerate (not to slow down) in VSE?

How can I decelerate a clip in VSE? I mean not to slow down but decelerate using graphs (i guess)…

Moved from “Tutorials, Tips, and Tricks” to “Compositing and Post Processing”

So you want it to have same speed as before, but not? Or what?

In the speed strip properties first turn off the Animate the “Stretch to input strip length”, then animate the “speed factor” value with I key for keyframes.

Then you can go to the f-curve window to animate a ramp on the keyframes. Be aware that Blender does not smoothly blend between frames an only duplicates or subtracts frames to meet speed requirements.

Awesome! Thanks a lotz

Also check out this more detailed explanation I made at Stack Exchange https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/105621/blender-vse-can-i-make-movie-strip-gradually-slow-down-or-gradually-speed-up

I think I get what you mean. If I’m right then Blender might not be your best option. There’s a program called (if I remember right) Slowmo that enables you to vary the speed of a clip and adds in-between frames to smooth out slow motion. I don’t remember where you can get it, but I think it’s free so it might be worth a Google.

If you had no choice but to take an existing bit of video footage and try to massage it into a quasi-convincing(?) bit of “slo-mo,” then these strategies might be the best that you can do. But, if the footage being processed in such a way originates in 3D, “you can, instead, re-shoot it.”

IIRC applying a speed effect to a “Scene Strip” forces blender to render the in-between frames for a 3D animation.