Anyone have luck getting a Patreon going?

Just wondering? I’ve done some things on the internet for free, and I think those are pretty neat. But it does nothing to help ends meet. So I’ve been looking at getting a Patreon account going. Problem is that I’m not sure how to promote it. Had it for a few months but nada. :no:

So I’m wondering if there’s anybody who has managed to get one going, and how to keep an audience. :confused:

1 Like

Ive been looking in to it. Not many Blender 3D things pop up when i search it. But a few really talented animators use Patreon and it seems to work well for regular content creators.

What is your page? and what content or you thinking of creating?

I used to have a good patreon before I had to stop due to chronic fatigue.

Some tips:

Try to get your friends and family to contribute. Even $1 per month or per creation will help your page look busy. You can hide the monetary amount and have it display your # of patrons instead.

Have it in your main profiles of Twitter and other social networking sites. Patreon doesn’t really come with an audience because they only ever promote their most popular patreons.

Speaking of social network sites, try to use them often. Not to promote, but as a way to chill and chat. Promo is secondary to encouraging the natural progression of socializing/making friends.

Have only a couple tiers to start out with. No matter how much money you’re making, the work you’ll end up doing for patron rewards will almost almost be disproportionately more than that. Take it easy.

There’s more but I’ll stop here. Good luck!!

1 Like