Advice for a Beginner? -Gun

Ok, so I`m rather new to blender and decided to try to make a gun. Nothing special, just a little modern revolver. However, I feel like I missed something. It doesnt Quite look the wa I wanted it, so any advice on the Model is appreciated. Also I struggle when it comes to Texturing, I cant seem to find the right Setups for Metals. Any Idea what sort of Node Setups I could use? or what types of Metals/Plastics?

For a metallic look, you should check out the Principled BSDF shader (in Cycles Render mode); it has a whole range of options so it’s probably worth watching a tutorial on it – but one of its many options is “Metallic”; increasing that to 1 will give you a good starting point. :slight_smile:

Cool modern and edgy design.
I think it needs some hand grib and a trigger.

Try also to switch from flat shaded to smooth shaded in the ToolShelf. Then turn on AutoSmooth and choose an angle in the properties.
You could also try to add a Bevel Modifier with angle based effect maybe just for the > 45° edges.

Ok, I’ll try that for the Shading

A trigger would be a good idea, you are right
I actually already have a Bevel modifier on it, but for some reason it doesn’t change anything

Can you show the meshwork too? It might help.