Freestyle Line Style - bad corners

Hi and thanks for reading my post. I am testing Freestyle Line Style and when I increase Thickness, the corners look ugly - the lines do not connect. See attachments. Could anybody kindly help me with this, pls?

Thx in advance!

:slight_smile:
K

Attachments

When you turn on Freestyle, you get additional options in the RenderLayers tab. The default for line caps is ā€œButtā€. Change that to ā€œSquareā€.

Hi and thanks for your reply. I tried that before. See for yourself

It appears to me it could have something to do with Chaining, but turning Chaining ON does not solve the issue everywhere. It appears to be inconsistent. I am not saying it is, just it appears to be.

I tried this and it seemed to improve things for thicker line styles:

• In the Render tab, set Freestyle Line thickness to Relative
  • In RenderLayers, Freestle Line Style, click ā€˜Thicknessā€™ and set Base Thickness there.

And now I am experimenting as much as you are. Explain how you are building your objects in your scene or, better, post a simple blend file that exhibits the problem.

Hi,
thanks for your reply, but it does not work for me. The scene I used for imported from Max, but thatā€™s most likely not the issue because the bad corners popped up on me even when working with native Blender primitives. Just open Blender and render the default cube with Freestyle Thickness of 35 or so. The bottom corner is bad.
Bets regards,
K

I wasnā€™t going as high as 35px. This is still not perfect but the closest Iā€™ve gotten so far. This uses ā€˜Relativeā€™ line thickness, ā€˜Buttā€™ ends, with ā€˜Chainingā€™ set to ā€˜Sketchyā€™. Iā€™ve noticed that setting ā€˜Roundsā€™ lower makes it worse but raising it above 3 doesnā€™t make it better. And, yeah, at this point I am out of my depth with Freestyle because Iā€™m venturing into places Iā€™ve never been.

Good luck. I learned some new stuff about Freestyle so it was worth it.

Attachments