Visible faces in object

I was wondering why I can see these flat faces in my render when the object is using a smooth shade plus a Subsurface.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 16.32.59.png
Views: 110
Size:  531.6 KB
    Last edited by animani; 13-Mar-18 at 11:01.

Kiel, Germany
    I assume "Subsurface" is supposed to mean "Subdivision Surface"? That's not even remotely the same thing.

Other than that: How are we supposed to troubleshoot this? By gazing into our crystal balls?
    Please ALWAYS supply an example .blend file with any support question. Don't forget to pack the textures.
    Asus Sabertooth 990 FX | AMD FX-8350 @ 4.6 GHz | 32 GB RAM | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070 OC 8 GB
    Win 10 Professional

I meant to say subsurf and the correction tool changed it. I asked without posting anything because I thought it was something easy enough not dig too much into. No need to bring your balls into the equation so they don't break. And lastly I cannot share the project as its part of a job and the model was exported from Maya so I guess the problem comes from there for some reason. If you can't help without the project I appreciate you showed some kind of interest. Thanks, mate.

Anyone else had this issue before?
    Last edited by animani; 14-Mar-18 at 06:08.

No worries I think its the material used and I need to find out why.
    Last edited by animani; 13-Mar-18 at 11:34.