My first post in Blenderartists

Another Donut. First ever blender render. Many more to come.

Hi all. I tried to go all out on my first scene. I wanted to do some character design so I started learning blender on and off from last December. I even created a human model but never finished it. Somehow I bumped into /r/blender and saw the donut posts and I thought I too should follow the tradition.

I followed most of Blender Guru’s tutorials to get the sense of how to use Blender.

I wanted to learn Blender to design and render photo-real looking superheroes. Can someone help me out with some interesting tutorials I could follow next to achieve my goal.

Credits: Thanks to the blender community for most of the tutorials
*Image inspired by: Not sure who the real photographer was
*Scratches and Smudges textures: David Gruwier texture link,
*Table and smudges textures: Poliigon free textures
*Donut diffuse map: Modified Bao2 model’s diffuse map

15 Likes

Thank God, finally, somebody made a quality render following that iconic tutorial. Good job mate! The only thing that I’d improve is that the doughnuts are a bit too shiny, IMO real dough is a bit rougher. Also, play with the lighting a bit. Add some shadows, textures to lamps etc. Maybe you’ll find something that looks even better.

Anyways, good job (especially for your first Blender render) and keep it up!

Best Donut tut render ever.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I was in a dilemma whether to use glazed donuts or plain donuts for the base. Only after I rendered I saw that it was way more shiny than I intended. For this scene I used the inbuilt lamps instead of mesh lights. I am planning to learn the differences between the lighting setups so that I can apply for my next scene.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome job, mate, really splendid! I especially fancy the striped donut, but I can’t seem to figure out how you created the stripes. Perhaps you could give me a hint?

1 Like

hy, I’m sure you can help me too, I’m in the process of making this video from Blender Guru with this donut too, but how did you get this donut done with this line texture or what this glaze is called

1 Like