hair lengh

Hi all,

here is my model :

Here is my work :

As you can see the hair is too thick.
I try to diminuate the lengh of the hair attributing a minimum value to the “hair
lengh” parameter.

I have tried to use the mode “Paticle System” with the “Cut Brush”,
but no result. The hair stay longer.

Here is the result of my work in mode “Object Mode” :

And here is the result of my work in mode “Particule Edit” :

The problem is that my hair stay too long

Your help is welcome,

A+

too much chaos here… to me. three of your links do not work. the only one that works is the second.

Hi,

I want to render my hair smaller as you can see on my model :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r41f9wpwu…form4.png?dl=0

I’d like to obtain the result of the following picture (the hair is smaller).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u2fsbni4h…age_1.jpg?dl=0

I have tried to diminuate the “hair lengh” parameter. to 0.1 in the “Particles system” but the hair stay too long

Moreover I have used the “Particle Edit” with the “Cut Brush” but it doesn’t work

Thanks for your help,

A+

Hello all,

What I want to make,

is to create thick hair locks like in the model of the pervious message.
What parameters have I to change?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u2fsbni4h…age_1.jpg?dl=0

Your help is welcome,

A+

hi julien, can you upload or send me the blendfile? would make things much more easy.

Thanks for you help,

Here is my blend file (click on the button télécharger):

What I want is to make thick hair locks (like in the model)

I wait for your response with imaptience.

At best,

A+

First, I would recommend that you use the blend units on metric to keep track of dimensions in your scene. This helps for later settings…
The head is currently 1.5m or 1.5 Blender Units large … but maybe that’s intended.

Whatever … So then …

1. It’s up to the settings for Hair Children. Everything is set to values that do not make much sense … (hope everything does not sound too hard because of my english)
  2. You use Children Simple. Try Children Interpolated.
  3. Here’s a link to the settings I’ve made fast… and a link to the childparticle settings and what they do.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/physics/particles/emitter/children.html

and here is another link to a video of Pablo Vazquez. Hope it helps maybe a bit to get ideas and inspiration about hair.

I would also recommend to simplify the sculp geometry. That’s all very highpoly…Also the face is extremely high poly … that works well with a lot much less geometry. Another thing… don`t do things like that when your charakter is placed and rotated somehow and somewhere in space. Place the head at the centerpoint without any rotation. This makes hair editing much more easy.

Well then … much success in finding out how it all works and good luck!

Best regards!

Thanks for your help, but in the blend you send me the hair in crew-cut and are too sharp.
Moreover the hair locks must go to the bottom and are more dense.

Can you help me,

A+

You are welcome. I can not help you. Maybe another person can. Learn about shaders and hair and or particle settings. And about hair sculpting. That`s the only advice I can give you… there is no “click and get your result” button… sorry…thats what you need to learn by your own. And believe me I could do that character and hair perfectly. Search for tutorials about hair and modeling. I tried my best. sorry…Good luck and cheers!

A+ :slight_smile:

A last question : what parameter have you changed to make some hair locks thicker?

An if you could do that character and hair perfectly, why don’t you help me?

Your help is welcome,

A+

Currently I’m up on a heavy job and I have no time to study your file, though from what I can see from your attachments what you need is simply to shorten the hair, then tweak the Clump of children, their Endpoint and Shape and make some experiments with the other parameters untill you’re satisfied with the general look, then enter Particle Edit and Comb the hairstyle.

paolo

Because I have no time to teach you all settings and things that need to be done to create that hair for your charakter.or the geometry for the hair. But sourvinos has some more time to tell you more. And I`m sure sourvinos will tell you quite the same like i did when he or she looked at your .blend file. Good luck… forgive me that i could not help you…have no time anymore.

Sorry for the question but have I to use the “hair dynamic”, the “render”, the “Filed Weigh”, the “Force Field Setings”, or the Vertex Groups" options.

Moreover if sourvinos can help me,

her help is welcome.

Thanks,

A+

I’m sorry but as I told before, I’m very busy too at the moment.

For understanding of the use of hair dynamic and other parameters you better study the manual than listen to me.
As for your current attempt you should just follow what I said above, in that order; after that, experience only can let you get what you’re after, depending on the render engine you will use.

BTW, I’m male,
paolo

Hi,

Here is the blend file of my work (you can click on the “télécharger” button"):

The poblem is that the “Brush mode” doesn’t work very well.
I try to reduce the lengh of the hair with the Brush but I don’t arrive (as you can see in the file the hair is too long at the right side).

I’d like to do thick and smooth hair locks (like in the model)

You can test my blend and parametre the different options, or test the “Brush Mode”

Sincerely,

A+

Welcome,

You say that you could do that character and hair perfectly.
Can you help me to make the same hair?

I think that it will be interesting also for other people

A+

I realy beliefe i can but have no time. It takes realy a while. Maybe one thing you could try to figure everything out is to start with a plane and try to distribute hair particles. Use some uv textrure maps for the hair and play with settings inside the hair textures and take a look what happens. Do that with both hair child settings ( interpolated and simple ) and see what happens.
When you work with hair children particles it is also important to check the base strand density to get the result you are looking for. And last but not… bla it realy depends on how you createt the base geometry. Do not create a highres geometry to achive detail for hair. Maybe realy look for some tutorials about hair even it takes a long time. I would also not do that on your charakter because it is realy not good in terms of geometry. Before you start hair things do the charakter topology right. Thats not badly meant criticism. It would be wasted time to do the hair for that model. And I could do it if you have some money for my time because thats far beyond support… because it works. Dont get me wrong... To make the same hair.. it is possible and I dont know how to “support” you more.
If you wan`t to learn how to do that you need to learn about blenders hair settings and techniques. Thats mostly leraning with tutorials and learning by doing. As I said I have no time to teach you that things but the links and input I gave you should be quite good to help you to get on the right way.

julian… in your file is a image where your reference hair image is. Take a look at the picture at the lower (edit) left… that shows a nice topology of the face. And besides how to learn how to create a face topo right like this you can also learn how to create hair. Don`t get me wrong. It is just to make clear that everythings needs time and it needs time to learn how things work and how things can be done right.

Hello,

In the before last message you say “And I could do it if you have some money”.
Your price is mine.

I have done all my effort, moving all the parameters but I don’t try to have the result of the model.

Your help is welcome,

A+

Hi julien,

i`ll send you a private message. makes no sense to discuss that here.