Middle mouse button not working?

New install of latest Blender, but my middle mouse button doesn’t work. I am trying to click it to rotate the view, but it does nothing.

Nothing wrong with the mouse functionality in other apps.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thank you.

No idea? Is there compatibility issues with gaming mouses? Am I best to buy a standard non-gaming mouse do you think?

(Yes I have searched around & see I’m not the only one, and I can’t really find any resolution to this problem anywhere, must be a Blender issue?)

“It doesn’t work. Why?”
With that information there’s nothing for anyone to work with, you have to troubleshoot it yourself. Could start by going through the reports
https://www.google.com/search?q=middle+mouse+site%3Adeveloper.blender.org

SOrry for absenteeism. This issue still persists, have tried another standard (non-gaming) mouse that uses generic Windows drivers, still having problems!? I uninstalled mouse drivers then rebooted to reinstall them, also loaded factory settings in Blender. Middle-mouse rotate worked for a minute until I clicked over in Properties Panel, when I went back to 3D viewport middle-mouse no longer works.

Blender 2.79, Windows 7… what more info do you need? Nobody has this problem? I see similar issues online but not much in recent months & nothing is ever resolved it seems?