Extend Rigid Body Cache

Hello fellow blenderers,

I have a question regarding rigid body simulation.
How do you extend the cache to a certain frame without recalculating it from the beginning?
Let’s say i have calculated a simulation from 1 - 150 frames. Then i want to extend it to 250 frames, but ADDINGthe next 100 frames, not recalculating them from frame 1. So basically taking frame 150 as the starting point of the calculation.
Somehow none of the options i found worked for me…
Thanks!

it is not possible as far as i know. Software does not store velocity, movement and scale etc. in baked data. So it is impossible for blender to read that data out of a baked sequence and calculate from that point again. Maybe Im completely wrong but thats what my experience is... but should be maybe possible if the bake data would store everything for every object. Idid not see that feature in other software too. But maybe someone can correct me if I tell wrong things here.

I see, thank you very much!
A pity it’s like this…
There goes my idea of calculating my animation in pieces…

I’m not really into that topic at the moment, but what I would probably do, would be to do two seperate anims. 1-100 plus 1-150 and then after final render would add them together in postprod within video-editor-timeline…

But do not know whether this really would fit into your workflow, cause in order to change something on either part would mean to render it out agein…

Bake to keyframes then use frame 150 to give your rigid bodies an impulse for the next simulation as per: https://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/5100/how-can-i-add-motion-to-a-rigid-body

Aside: Doubt you’ll be able to concatenate caches in Blender. Maybe with a hex editor?