Camera angle with small objects.

Whenever I rotate or change the camera angle–even the slightest–when working with small objects, my view gets displaced a lot. And I have to then zoom out and find the object and again zoom in. This is really tiresome and is bothering me a lot cause I am working on many small objects. They are tiny, but small.

How do I avoid this and make the view behave like it would with bigger objects?

Try selecting a face and hit the “.” key on the num pad. This should help to reset your focus, so when you are working in the small area you don’t get so many drastic camera moves. Sometimes this can be because your camera is rotating around an area not in your view. With smaller objects this might need to be set more often. Another thing is if you are in true perspective try a wider camera angle.

or use an empty constraint on the camera

put the empty where camera needs to point to
and then set camera angle

it will always be at the right place and angle

happy bl

No, no, guys! My bad. I was talking about the viewport. Not the camera used for scene.

I am talking about the viewport too. It is a “camera”. All those settings I mentioned were considering the viewport camera, not a real camera. Viewport camera settings are in the numeric pannel.

Another option is to scale everything in your scene by 10 or 100 and when you are done modeling, scale it all back.