Bone rotations do not get reset when changing actions! Trivial problem;no solution??

Okay, I will try to explain the problem as clear as possible:

I have an armature with two actions: Walk and Jump.
The Jump animation changes the rotation of the hand bone in my armature. This is fine, because I set it up this way.

But when I select the Walk animation, the hand is still twisted! :frowning: I have no keyframes for the hand bone in the Walk action, because it should basically stay at rotation 0,0,0,0 all the time.
I can’t manually add a clear transform to the start of all actions, because they are just too many. Not just the Walk action, but a ton more! :frowning: Pls help!

tl;dr
Is there a way to start all actions with cleared bone transforms for bones that have no keyframes in this action?

Create a Pose Library - on the Armature panel, select ALL bones before you Add a pose, with all bones at rest position. Invoke the pose from the library at the start of each animation, that’s the way I do it… There may be other ways that others will comment on.

Cheers ,Clock.

Okay, here’s what’s going on, and it’s quite simple really…

The jump action twists the hand, right? The walkcycle has no keyframes for the hand bone, right? Well, how should blender know you want the change the hand bone rotation when you switch from the jump animation to the walk animation if there is no keyframes for the hand bone in the walkcycle? If there’s no keyframe telling blender to change the rotation of any bone, then the bones won’t change their rotation.

I can’t manually add a clear transform to the start of all actions, because they are just too many. Not just the Walk action, but a ton more! :frowning: Pls help!

What do you mean, there are more actions than the walk & jump action?

Look, it quite simple if it’s 2 actions and one offending bone… In the walk action on the first frame just insert a key to zero out the rotation of the bone. If more bones or actions are involved, then select all offending bones and clear rotations, then insert keys on all actions at the first frame of the action.

Is there a way to start all actions with cleared bone transforms for bones that have no keyframes in this action?

clockmender’s method works.

Randy

@clockmender- :wink: