Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum

Hi,

I have been 3ds Max user for more than 10 years and about a month ago I started learning Blender. I must say I am impressed by its capabilities and so far, it has had almost all of the tools that I use every day in 3dsMax. So thank you very much Blender team for keeping it alive and free.

Enough talk! Let’s go back to work :D. My learning strategy was define a project and learn through it. And here it is: The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum.

The final goal is to develop the entire 3D building and bring it to VR. I’m gonna do that through a few phases. The current phase, phase 1, contains the exterior of the building and the interior of the main hall.

Modeling is almost done, UV map is half through and I’ll start the UE4 part soon.

Software that I use are Blender, Affinity Photo and Unreal Engine 4.
Target VR platform is Google VR (Daydream).

Feedback are much appreciated.

1 Like

It looks great so far! I’m glad you’ve been able to get the hang of using Blender :D. It is a pretty nice program when you get used to it.

That ought to be quite fun to walk through when it’s done. Do you plan on trying to put things like paintings on the walls and benches in areas too or just strictly do the architecture?

Hi and thank you for your post. :slight_smile:

I’ll try to model the architecture as closely as closely as possible and I may create a version with art installed in the museum but the primary goal is to study interaction in VR and AR. I think the spiral design and the long corridors on the other side give enough space to create various VR/AR experiments. :smiley:

You’re welcome :). Yeah, I can imagine it being a good playground for those kinds of things. That would be interesting to try to do something with a building in AR. Hopefully it works out well!

Hi there! I found this 4 years later and I guess you wont get this message, but I am modeling the guggenheim interior right now, and would be interested to purchase your model, (regardless if you completed it or not)…In case you get this, pls answer here in the thread. Thanks! Caspar Carlo

It the start of something great that for sure. I am learning Blender myself I have been following tutorials on Youtube