Female Portrait

Hi everyone,

this is myself challenge in creating female head in blender. Hope you like it!

Blender 2.79 and Cycles Render
2000 Samples + Filmic

You can own this model in the link below:

Visit my Artstation profile: https://www.artstation.com/krystianniemiec

And some more renders!

Looking at it at 100% zoom, the details are great. Love the tiny hairs. The one thing that I find off is that she looks very pale. I did a quick color thingy on paint.net application:

Too much subsurf and the face features especially in the nose is not well defined. This could be a consequence of the aggressive subsurf but if not I suggest you “crease” the features. There isn’t much pore definition either, you should increase the displacement/normal strength of the pores. The eyebrows are also too furry, if you look closely at an eyebrow you’d notice that there has to be long thick hairs that flow in the direction of the eyebrow.

The lighting is good and the general model is ok ignoring the overly smooth features.

nice work , there,s noting much that i can say that haven’t been already said ,and i really like it a lot,
the lighting the hair the ""2000 samples thing “” and the skin
it,s awesome
what can you tell me about the skin and the lighting , if you dont mind

Thank you guys!

About the lighting the main key light came from simple emission planes. I’ve also used some HDR image for environment but at low value. If i remember 0,5 strength or something close to this. The main reason for that were reflections and additional light to make a soft lighting while preserving contrast.

Skin is just principled shader with plugged textures in and some SSS on, really simple. :slight_smile: