Video Editor – Transform AND Transparency at the same time?

Hey,

I was just wondering if this is currently possible because I can’t seem to achieve that effect.

Let’s say I’m running a video sequence on the lowermost track and add a still image on top of that. The image defaults to a number of frames and blots out the video.

I then give the image a certain transparency mode, say multiply at 100 per cent.

The image now affects the sequence underneath.

Now, when I apply a transform strip to the image to have it move from the left to the right, it seems to lose its multiply effect.

changing the track order doesn’t seem to do anyting here.

Of course I could always make a little movie out of my moving image and overlay that but at the expense of real time options.

Maybe it’s not even a feature at this point but if anyone knows a trick let me know.

Edit: oh and I forgot that moving it is actually possible without an extra strip. My question is more about changing the image size because I haven’t found a way to do that without an extra strip.

Cheers,
Marco :slight_smile:

Yes you use the transform effect strip but it effectively duplicates the original strip but ignores the blend mode. The solution? You have to copy the blend type on the new effect strip. So if you had to make the graphic Alpha Over then the transform effect must become Alpha over as well. Note that the default is Replace.

Hey,
Thanks! Going to try that out pretty soon.