How can I help the world by being a 3D/VFX artist?

I would love to hear everyone’s opinions and ideas.

I have a friend that’s a barber, on some weekends he gives homeless people free haircuts.

I am a VFX artist, how can I use my trade to help society?

By getting really good at it, the best you can be in fact, and therefore making a lot money out of it, and therefore paying a lot more in taxes, and therefore a lot more of that taxes goes to the welfare, road repair, street cleanup, medical system, police, firefighters and so on… It’s a Win/Win scenario really :wink:

… and then the rest of life, world dies.

Teach! Show people the guts of the illusion! Open their eyes, so they won’t get delusional, be bothered and distracted by lies. Show how picture manipulates emotions. Help kids to grow & see, entertain them with skill, knowledge and depth. To know, have a meaning and sense in life.

For now you’re already saving, preventing damage from burning lots of fossil fuels just for the sake of the visual effect… BOOOM!
Just because money can burn it doesn’t mean that it should. :eyebrowlift:

Produce a piece of art to create awareness of a problem, or of those who do something about it. If you have a gallery website then consider placing on it adverts for charities.

There are lots of non-profits out there that could use some explainer animations, or kickstarter intro videos.