[OscurartTools] - Render with output variables

Hi Folks!!!

I bring the new update for the render tools, we need this!
This time includes the new option to be able to set variables to the “substance” style.

You can take a variable such as: “$Scene” and in the render output we will find the name of the scene.

This is very useful to have renders organized neatly, and configure them flexibly.

The variables that we have are the following:
$File is the name of the blendfile.
$Scene takes the name of the scene.
$Layer name of the layer you are calculating.

Example: “//RENDER/$File/$Scene/$Layer/$File_$Scene_$Layer_”

Demo Video (spanish): https://youtu.be/McTTCb7jRw4

1 Like

Thanks you so much Eugenio for this new feature! But where is your addon, please? In trunk with blender 2,79? :stuck_out_tongue:
or in your github, please? <+10

You can find it in builder.blender.org today!!!
Please tell me if you find some problem!!

Greetings

Thks! Congratulations.

ah finally!!
you think you could " $pass " too? it would be great to be able to render multipass in separate folders.

Hi Looch!
$Pass is a buffer information… you cant export the channels at once.
I recommend you use .exr multilayer… is the best!

I will rewrite oscurart tools for 2.8 version… sh…ttt

this is a really useful addon! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to add the name of the camera that is being used to render to the filename? :slight_smile:

Yes… I will do it tomorrow. $Camera …

that’d be really great, thank you!! :slight_smile:

Hi Bernardo! your wish was commited. You can compile now or wait for it in builder.blender.org

Enjoy it!

that’s amazing Eugenio! Other people told me this looked like a very hard thing to implement. I guess it’s just about your skills :slight_smile: Thank you for this, it’s gonna help a lot!

I ask for render output variables to Blender Foundation. The answer was: “…”.

No problem, now we’ve them.

I must rewrite de entire oscurartTools for de 2.8 version, this could be painfull.

I am having issues with multiple cameras bound to the timeline. OscurartTools names my image sequence after the first camera bound in timeline (within output frame range) and ignores the names of the subsequent cameras.

Hey! Idk why Blender Foundation didn’t it yet, output variables are absolutely crucial for production level work. Is it possible to make you addon work in compositor file output node?

Mmmmm, I could try it!

2 Likes

There’s no way to add $pass right now if I understand correctly huh? Shame

MultiEXR is great when you’re working on SSD but in our studio we usually keep all files in server and rn it’s limitited to 1gb\s speed, so big file size will slow down work and you not always using all of your passes.

You can open a proposal! I only made an addon for improve the render task.

already did at right-click select :wink:

Tokens:
$Scene
$File
$ViewLayer
$Camera

Commited! enjoy !

1 Like

This is great! Thanks!

1 Like