I Need Help Removing Shadows

Alright, I’ve gotten permission to share a bit of the work I’m doing. I don’t know much about Blender’s rendering or materials or lighting, so this is why I’m asking for so much help. I’m learning alongside your help! :slight_smile: Yay!

I need to remove the shadows that are left on this car’s bumper and grill. I am familiar with Maya’s surface shader, so that would have been a material I would use to remove shadows in a render. But with Blender, I don’t know. I have lighting being driven by a material; there are no lamps in the scene. I don’t know how the previous artist set up the lighting, and I have no way of contacting them to ask them. I’m only allowed to share this image of the car and ask as much as I can from you wonderful people to see if we can solve this problem. Please let me know what more information you need from me to help you out; I’m not sure what I’m leaving out that could help.

Thanks!

Use a shadeless material. How depends on which render engine you’re using.

Blender render, material shadeless option. Cycles, emission material which is only set to be visible to the camera, either from object properties, or with light path node: is camera socket.

Thank you so much for letting me know about the emission node. It worked, and my co-worker is really happy. We should be able to move forward with the project now :slight_smile: