playing animation resets character back to starting point

hi,

I am currently developing a not very good skateboard simulator, I am working on animations right now, and I have a couple of questions. I created an Ollie (fancy looking jump) animation on a solid skateboard object, which is controlled with WASD, I made the animation on the dopesheet. once I created it, I when to the logic editor of the playable character and added a keyboard sensor, key: spacebar —> and ----> action, play: Ollie(the animation). so, I tested this, but I realised that when I pressed space, the animation played, but it reset the skateboard to the starting spot of the level, I can understand why it does this, but I can’t understand a fix. also, the camera follows the rotation of the animation, any way to stop this?

I’m a pretty basic user, and I can’t use Python.

thanks!

create an invisible controller box and have the board parented to it. be sure to turn off collision on the board and on for the box.

parent the camera to the box too.

You currently can’t, or you’re not sure if you want to put in the time to learn? :stuck_out_tongue:
I’d recommend delving into it a little bit. With a little Python knowledge, making this kind of project would seem a lot less daunting. :smiley: