Blender freezes when trying to make a blanket falls upon a bed and pillow

I am trying to make a blanket falling upon a bed with a pillow on it. It worked but not the best results so I tweaked… here and there (I am a newbie) so now blender freezes before even the blanket started to fall.
Please help with the settings.

I see double image on the post and cannot find a way to remove the second one; sorry

imposible to me to help you without the file. if you like to delete the double image take look at your profile settings and under attachement you can delete the image you dont like.

Here it is: Simple_bd_work.blend (3.38 MB)

Done. Interestingly I deleted the second image in edit mode and it disappeared but nevertheless it showed afterwords in the message itself.

here is your file fixed somehow:

problem was that you mixed rigid bodys simulation and everything was a little bit messed up.

just leave the cloth simulation on the blanket. delete all other modifiers from all other objects and just set the objects that need to collide with the blanked to collision.
everythings depends on your cltoh sim object settings. good luck. hope it helps.

tell me if it works or not… to clean my dropbox :slight_smile:

Thanks. It works but there are 2 problems I would like to get a tip how to manage them (although I can choose a frame which suits me):

1. After the blanket falls upon the bed it proceeds to slide to one side and falls down entirely
  2. When falling the blanket proceeds to fall through the floor

you are welcome

1. under cloth settings you find a “friction” value. play with that … higher values will stop the sliding
  2. delete the rigid body and set it to collision.
  3. :slight_smile: is not meant to be bad but try yourself a few times with settings… was my fault to name the file fixed.

maybe before you ask… collision distances can be set under collision objects and cloth objects.

good luck and happy blending.

Works nicely now. Thanks.