Texture paint mode, not same look on texture

Hi! I can’t understand this and tried to google it. This is how the texture looks in viewport

It is to red tinted. And this is how it looks like in texture paint mode:

This is the correct way. But in viewport standard texture shading mode it jumps to red tint, on just the face?

The only thing the is different from this one is that it’s imported head via APPEND command. I tried using L - Make local but nothing. What can I do more?

PS. I think all appended objects behave strange. The blue hair does not change in any way if I remove material and apply a new one.

PS2. Yes it is SINON model that has been modified :slight_smile:

Texture paint and such will hardly ever look like how the render will due to the face that the texture painting process does not use lighting or any other refractive reflective info. Think of it as taking a colored piece of paper and then point a flashlight to it and adjust the distance from the light to the paper, as you get closer the color of the light itself starts to overpower the color of the paper. Similar to the texture paint. The red you pick may look red on the texture painting process but in rendered view it will look completely different.

Here is a quick example image of colors and how they will look different than the palette used in texture paint. To the right is the color layout for the box, bottom left is the texture view in viewport, and top left is the rendered view.

Also keep in mind that if there is any additional materials used for the texture it will look different than it does in the viewport. My example is just a plain 50/50 gloss/diffuse shader. If there is some sss used then the texture may need to be darker in the paint process even though it looks too dark in that view it will look right in rendering.

Well, I do think I understand all of that but this is in viewport live. No render. And all other textures behave normallt. I use “only render” and “shadeless” view. Please whole image here. The rest of the model looks great but not face

you can see that the legs have the desired shade and the face texture has the same shade, just not in viewport. But ok in texture paint mode

PS. again: If I import character to unity and apply textures it looks good also

Ook, I figured it out. There was some VERTEX PAINT on top of it :slight_smile: I just added white in verex paint and it fixed itself