How much does a better CPU affect Vertex Modelling and Sculpting Performance?

Right now I have an i7 6700k with an GTX 1080TI and most of the time I hardly can go over 10 million Polygons. Now I have the money to buy something better but I never found out if that even is worth it since most of the time they only benchmark the render performance of the parts. But for rendering I could easily get more 1080ti if I wanted, but most of my paid work is not even rendered in Cycles for now. So would be the purchase of an I9 or a Threadripper worth it?

1 Like

Hi.
CPU affects performance in those areas if you have a not good CPU, but there are also some limitations in Blender. You currently have a very good CPU, so I think that what you are saying is due to Blender limitations and it will not improve with a better CPU.
Wait for Blender 2.8 to see if there are improvements in sculpt and edit mode performance.

And be careful to take into account only number of threads when talking about performance in Blender. A good decision when purchasing a CPU to work with Blender is to take into account a balance between number of threads and single thread performance:
https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

And your CPU is pretty good at this.