Rotating an image texture doesn't work

Hi all,

I’m in the process of texturing a plane. In the end it should look like this:

Right now, I’m having problems with the image texture of the left half. I already tried everything imaginable, but the texture doesn’t show up the way it should. What I’m getting is this:

The texture isn’t scaled properly, and in addition it’s mirrored. Where do I find an option to mirror it horizontally? Plus, the white in the texture appears grey.

TIA,

Claus

With no file it’s hard to guess what you’re trying to achieve, and how you’re attempting to do it.
Rotation of 2D (xy or uv) coordinates; mapping node with z rotation.
Skewing of 2D coordinates; separate xyc, x=x, y=y+(n*x), combine xyz.
Mirroring of 2D coordinates; mapping node with scale -1 in the direction you want to mirror.
Flip&mirror, a bit more intricate.

Here’s the file:

Jalousien.blend (462 KB)

Claus

Ooops, the texture is missing. :frowning: Here’s the file again, hopefully with texture:

blinds.blend (449 KB)

Claus

Meanwhile I found out myself how to do it. I set “Scale X” to -1. I managed to render another scene:

cheese.blend (471 KB)

And here’s a first render:

Claus

Texture still missing. Normals appear to be flipped if that is where your normal camera is.
As you have UV unwrapped it (faces are overlapping though), you have two options:

1. UV Map -> Mapping Node with -1 in the x scale value.
  2. Manipulate the UV layout.

> 2) Manipulate the UV layout.

How do I do that?

Meanwhile I made another render:

This is better, but I wasn’t able to attach a texture to the side of the cheese. I have a book, but it is not very helpful right now.

Claus

Here’s the file again. This time the textures are hopfully included (I found the respective option):

cheese.blend (3.23 MB)