Best way to keep many skin set (material) as library?

So I can not be good human modeler, (I am too old to learn good human modeling and made them by myself from scratch, I hope enjoy 3d and blender, then I import already made figures, in blender and tweak them as I like.
It is OK , even though it is not my handmade, I like to pose , change mat, try animation, play simulation or made some
clothing etc with simple props and enviroment.

My question is, Is there good way to save many skin set (which have many surface zone to assign material)
I made for the character, and hope to load them as I like.

eg skinset1 ( dark brown color, with brue nail, red eye etc)
skinset 2 ( white pale skin, with red eye, pink nail etc)
skinset 3 (use AO map to make sunburn, with cycles node)
etc etc,

I know, blender can save mat with fake user, then save blend file . append mat from library etc.
But Is there good way, simply save current mat of mesh, then load (apply them) with my selected surface only?

I request it in right-click (blender community) but I feel most of blender do not need surface group etc.
so if blender keep current way, (use material which not separate as surface group name)
How you mange your complex mesh skin set?

I know asset manager, and I know how I append material, and I know how use “fake user” etc,
and try them, but I felt, it is not what I hoped. it can save each mat of part,
but I simply hope save all current material, as one skinset ,(or character material preset)
and apply (load) one click for the same mesh in different scene?

Or I must need to save material with mesh, then set as fake user, so the mesh have many “material”
but I can not remenber which part use which material etc, then append all, and serch around in drop down menu?

Is there more easy way, just save current mat of mesh (each assgined part), then load and apply it for selected
surface group only?

Do not you think it is useful, even though you made all by yourself? do you really feel current blender “material”
append way is easy enough to keep and manage them?

I do not think blender officially offer such tool. but I hope to request add on vendors in blender community (I buy it if it will be released)

simple “material manager” which save current selected mesh material as one preset file which user named to easy find, then can load it from skinset manger, with thumbnai. (About blender, “append”) by one click.
it can change all material at same time, and we can select surface group where we want to change only by one click.
as same as pose library with selected rig only.