Seiganto-ji

This took me a while to model and texture. The background is is not created in blender. Hope you enjoy it!

Constructive Criticism is welcome!

I think maybe a mist pass if you are going to use that background image with the scene. As the background shows a slight haze the foreground modeled work does not. Right now it looks a little too sharp and detailed for the distance from the camera. Or maybe try a different background image.

Oh ok! So like a depth of field effect?

Yes a DoF would probably help but I was thinking something along the lines of a fog type look. Problem with using a DoF is since your background has no physical geometry and is a set distance from the camera the whole background would be a flat blur. But again this is just my opinion, it is a nice modeling job.

It’s a quite impressive work, but i also think you should work a little bit in how the transition to the background is,i think the post processing could help, maybe a fog,little DoF and a color correction help you. But the model itselft is AWESOME. Good work

Along with adding mist, a bit of fog glow in the compositor would help tie this image together. All the details in this are really awesome, so be careful not cover them up with too much fog or glow.

also lighting, tone, contrast…
watch the video, it might help you understand more about what it takes to blend 3D CG with 2D photography