Birds and insects for VR experience

Hello! I’m a freelance videographer and I’m currently pitching for a project to create a VR experience where people learn about nature. One of the elements I wanted to include was some 3D models of birds/insects that you might find in that location, that can pop up in front of viewers.

• I am aiming to have four birds/insects, but it might be more or less depending on price and timescale.
  • No animation or rigging is required at this stage - just a still model.
  • They’d need to be detailed enough for people to learn about the features (wings, beak shape, insect’s colouring etc).
  • The likely creatures would be things such as skylarks and particular species of mayflies. I could provide photographs of them.

If you’re interested, please could you DM me with a rough price per model, and also for all four models together. Could you also give an indication of how long you think it would take to create each model? It would help me to know what is going to be possible!

I apologise if this is a little vague at the moment - as I say, I’m still pitching for the job but I wanted to know what was possible and how much it might cost before I included it in my proposal.

Thank you for your time.

Hi there,
Whats your rough time estimation for when you wish to start the project?

It depends on the complexity of the insect, but something like this I could also include shader controls for you to change the color of the body parts or add effects.
Something like this below is considered (organic modelling) which is more time intensive that hard surface.
Its about 4-6 days work for each model
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/xTV-RXmFhqE/hqdefault.jpg

A bird 3d model like this made to in high poly then baked onto a low poly mesh for a game engine like unity or unreal would be 5-8 days of work. full textured.

A senior character artists rate is 250gbp a day but If its an educational project I can offer a discounted rate for 100gbp a day.
PLease remeber that VR projects by definition get up close to the 3dmodels, so you need assets that will stad up quality wise, not just at a glance.

When looking for a 3d mdoeller, check the polygon count, and any meshes for seams, by texturing and artifacting. you want a 3dmodeller with atleast 2 years of experience or a someone with a good portfolio.
If you add feathered it always adds more time.
any more questions or advice please dont hestitate to contact me at [email protected]

Sent you a PM please take a look

Thank you! I have sent you a DM

Thanks very much! I have replied to your PM