Zbrush 2018

Live in this moment the presentation of a new version…Pixologic finally fuses together zbrush and Sculptris…so Zbrush will have dynamic topology and…is astonishing!

Love the smooth decimate.

Sculptris Pro ? You what ?

Sculptris got some more love ? Blimey …
I really never saw that coming.

They seem to say it’s ( … with ZBrush 2018 … ) Does not mean fully a part of it then possibly.
So I’m currently wondering if it sits outside somehow as a separate app ? Or plug in ?

And also the projected primitives…Pixologic always moves one step higher…

It’s implemented inside Zbrush…and is absolutely superior to normal Sculptris…see the video on YT channel…

Wow. Thanks for reply.

Seems ZBrush continues to live on it’s own unique planet.

Primitives and sculptris solution are really impressive.

Seiyoushimi, it might be a good idea to provide a link to this piece of news…

So far this is the only one I found. Might not be the version referred to though.

Looking again at the video. The most impressive game changing thing about Sculptris Pro seems to be the ability to unmake and dissolve the mesh so fast and easily. That makes it truly a totally free form 3D doodle pad now. And the detail level looks much higher too.

Project Primitive looks amazing and fast and easy too.

I am in awe. Project Primitive is Pixologic’s impressive answer to Modo’s Mesh Fusion. Can’t wait to have a go at ZBrush 2018.

This is the link:

I am definitely excited to use project primitive. In particular, I’m curious to see how well I can use it with hard surface models.

Oh yeah. It looks dope.

Looks pretty cool!! Project Primitive and Sculptris Pro specially.
I insist that Blender definitely needs its own dedicated marketing department :smiley:
http://pixologic.com/features/spheres.php

It’s impressive, but then again it highlights some of the hidden advantages Blender had. Dynamic topology and Deformers aside, correct me if I’m wrong but the new Project Primitive seems to be what you get with Boolean+Remesh modifier combination?

It’s a bit frustrating how close we are, except there are issues like Multires that can corrupt your data, absence of topology move brushes(done?), layered sculpting and some polish around the edges. I hope it gets some love in 2.8.

Extremely frustrating, that’s exactly why I did the comment about marketing, is all about how you sell the product. Better visibility would attract more people and probably more dev power too. Sadly I don’t think improving sculpting tools is a priority (or even on the radar) for the 2.8 release, what a shame…

Indeed, blender has Dyntopo, that’s why I use it over zb for pre-sculpt, but now, it’s a different story and their work is really great.
Blender needs a dev for sculpting, same for painting etc, it’s frustrating.
I’d like once the 2.8 is finished, the bf to focus on the core tools of Blender.

And not continue to add new features and leave old code die.

Yes that will be so awesome if it could happen… Maybe there is a way to sponsor some development with sculpt priorities?
vector displacement brushes could be nice! or fixing multirres… better mask tools… A nice and easy way to produce brushes from existing geometry…
But I think when they work in the sculpt workflow things can improve a lot, so I have high thoughts about blender 2.8!

Zbrush 2018… this name worry me… looks too similar to Autodesk nomenclature, maybe they want to change the sales strategy and switch to annual subscription?