Custom written bevel script?

Hi, your average blender user here. I’m currently using Blender 2.78c version and for years now something has been bothering me that I decided to share with you all of a sudden. Is there a custom written bevel script that bevels the edges on hardsurface areas cleanly without any issues because as some of you may already know the bevel modifier in Blender doesn’t bevel neatly at all whenever the profile is set at 1.00 and the segment amount is set at 2. I’ll provide a picture if by any chance some of you are not too sure what I mean by all this. In the picture it’s noticeable that the corners are protruding, even though they shouldn’t be like that. There’s a lot of artifacting going on the model with these parameters in the Bevel modifier, wouldn’t you agree? I know I’m nitpicking here, but I can’t help it, it’s been bothering me a lot lately. For years I have been adding clean edge loops by using a combination of insetting and conjoining the neighboring vertices. But that is time consuming.

try blender 2.74. bevelling is a big reason i still use it. cant say if it fixes said issues since i have never tried this.

BACKUP before using the older version, i have seen issues when moving between 78 and 74.

I think the issues were present even in the 2.74 version, if I remember correctly.