Into a Black Hole

Hello dear friends!
Long time not publishing here in the finished projects.
I bring to you a tribute to Stephen Hawking.
You can check more renders in artstation
This is a quick study, but I tried to get it to a state where I can share it, I’m still learning.

EDIT: you can see now the time-lapse of the creation.
Also, this is the base mesh I used

2 Likes

Outstanding tribute to you the artist, to Hawkings as a scientist and ground breaker, and to blender as a tool to make it happen.

1 Like

very cool, :slight_smile:

Wow! Top row, I never thought I’ll be up there!
@ FXR thanks for your kind words, it means a lot to me.
@ Zenitor, I’m glad you like it!

I’m preparing a timelaps, also using Blender. I didn’t record everything, but I tried!

true, very nice, you should put it on sketchfab - more exposure to both

Thanks burin! I never thought about sketchfab, I have to investigate it!

Great sculpt. Great tribute.

1 Like

Thank you Tarnyloo, I think it is a nice thing to do to remember him!

Fantastic job!

Thank you! I think the long hours payoff at the end. Hehehe

That looks awesome!
Really great sculpt and likeness.
Cool hair, and render!
Congrats!

Thanks! Really appreciate your words! The hair was an experiment with draw Bézier curves on the surface, very fun to do!

This totally deserved the top row, not only for the quality of the sculpt but also for what it represents.

If I saw the best sculpture ever made of Donald Trump on the top row, I’d be questioning my membership on blenderartists.org.

Ha ! I knew it !
It works quite well (looks like stripes of mud that you rolled on a table and put on the model.
However the surface on which they’ve been added is a bit too smooth in my opinion

The only downside on this sculpture is the lowpoly suit. Even though it’s a less important part, It feels unfinished and breaks this “mud” feeling.

Great job!
Congrats! :eyebrowlift2:

@ChamaleonScales thanks! I was not going for a mud feeling, I just liked the way it looks, but if you see it that way I can understand what you’re saying about the suit. About the hair, yeah, it may be to smooth, but it is a dynatopo surface with lines in the direction of the flow, but under the Bézier lines it feels that way. Anyhow, wen I publish the timelapse, you will see it better.

@özgür, thanks, so glad that you like it!

great work amigo !

My man! It is so great that you like it!

Great thread and model.
Stephen Hawking rest in peace. The world needs more like him.

Thanks dtrip! yes in did, we need more people like him! I’m glad that you like the model. I hope you like the timelapse video too.

Coool af dude, nice work! keep it up :yes: