Tile of Old Render In New Render

Alright, I’ve tried over and over to try and get this right, but I can’t come up with any answers. Does anyone know why I have an unfinished tile from an old render showing up in my new preview render? Note: I’ve had to back materials onto my objects because I’m working on a rather heavy project that’s causing my GPU to consume all of its VRAM.

Was it baked that way? Without more information or a blend to help, it’s hard to say.

I seriously doubt that this is an old tile. Why? Because a render tile would always be perfectly rectangular.
That artefact on the other hand shows the same perspective tilt as the wall behind it.

Red = artefact / Green (for comparison) = rectangular shape of a “tile”.

This looks like a rogue plane with a glass shader on it. And it seems to be single-sided (which it shouldn’t be with any kind of refractive shader on it), hence the strong optical distortion of the window opening behind it.

Totally missed the obvious. I must have been tired.

You guys are never going to believe this. It turns out that it was indeed a rogue plane after all. I pressed Alt H to see if anything was hidden, and there it was. I thought I completely got rid of it. That answers my question. Thanks, guys.