Some problems when trying to rig a character

So, i don’t know whats happening here, i was rigging a character in blender, and decided to make IK for easier animation, but when testing the leg only bends like this, and dont know how to solve, someone know how to fix this?

The leg should be slightly bent knee forwards, definitely not straight as the IK solver doesn’t know which way to bend the leg and definitely not sideways or the leg will do what you have shown. Without your blend file I am guessing a little, so post the blend file or show me the side view.

Yes and welcome to BA! if this site won’t let you post blend files while you are on moderation (first 10 posts) post them to http://pasteall.org/blend then post the link here. Also I need to see the chain length for the IK constraint, it doesn’t look right to me from here…

Cheers, Clock.

Hi, thanks for the answer, i tried to slightly bent the knee foward, but it didn’t worked, and again i really don’t know what is happening. I’m really sorry for the long time to answer, but if you still can help me, here is the link to download the blend file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mjVZA_7TJoycKHvo6pweobNN5ScNx-ue

OK I looked at your file and noted:

1. Pole targets parented to IK targets, I never do this.

2. No “Root” bone, should be between the feet on the ground, parent IK targets, Pole targets and major spine bone to this.

3. Weird bone rolls on your leg bones, so they will twist when you bend the legs, normalise these (select bones in EDIT mode key CTRL+N - choose a variable, I used Global Y axis on your armature.

4. No hip bones to anchor and control leg movements, so I stopped Z rotation in IK properties (Bone panel):

Preferably have hip bones parented to major spine bone. Toes will turn in when you raise feet if you have splayed feet in your armature:

1. Feet splayed apart - I always have legs dead straight when viewed from the front and slightly bent, knee forward, when viewed from the side, I moved your bones a little from the side, didn’t alter from the front. Study classic “T” pose for armatures, or standard Rigify Pose - just internet search this.

You need to look at the accepted method for building Biped rigs - look for Humane Rigging from Nathan Vegdahl - little is better. Basically though keep IK chains straight from the front, bent slightly in the way YOU want them to bend from the side, always have a root bone, etc. etc. Make sure bones do not have weird bone rolls. I tweaked your file a little, you can do the rest: essetemqueirCOMRIGGING.blend (1.51 MB)

Cheers, Clock. :eyebrowlift: