SVG file

Hello Blender artists.

I’m importing an SVG file into Blender from Illustrator. The Shape which I’m importing has 5 particles to it, and I have assigned to all particles a generic grey colour.

When I import the SVG file in to Blender, I tried to group the object and assign a new colour to it, and add materials etc etc. But I can only add colour one at a time to the particles. Blender is not treating the SVG object as one mesh ( I also tried convert mesh to curve option). I also tried joining the particles but it gets deformed. Most likely the best solution would be to assign the desired colour from AI and then import into Blender, but then again, when it came to bevelling and adding modifiers, I have to do each particle separately. Is there a way, I can make my object one unit, assign colour, and then add my modifiers all at once?

Thank you.

a)
This forum section is meant to offer finished tutorials to the community, not to ask for help.

b)
“Particle” has a very specific meaning in Blender terminology. It seems you mean something completely different (“part”, perhaps?), though, which makes your post very confusing to read.

c)
You say that you imported the SVG into Blender and then tried a “mesh to curve” operation on it and nothing changed. Of course not. The SVG has already been imported as a curve, so there is no mesh to perform a conversion to curve on. Unless you actually meant “curve to mesh”? Again, terminology matters.

d)
Please ALWAYS supply an example .blend file or at least meaningful screenshots with any support question.

Hi and thanks for replying to my question.

here is a screen shot of the SVG I have imported into Blender. As you can see from the screenshot I’d like for all the vectors to be modified simultaneously rather than doing one at a time.

Select all curves and hit Ctrl+J to join them into one object.

To affect all curves at once, simply select all but one, shift+click the final one. Then when adjusting the extrude / bevel / resolution, hold down ALT as you do so - all will be affected.
Alternatively, select all, edit the value manually but press ALT+RETURN not just RETURN.
To have them all use the same materials. Again, select in a similar method so one curve is “active”, CTRL+L and link materials.

Thanks for that Ikari, I don’t know what I was doing wrong previously, but it worked.

Thanks heaps!

Thanks for the insight Colkai, time to delve into Blender tutorials again!

Kind regards.