Q-Lab :: Sketchbook

I am not a Visual Graphics Artist (Professional or Amateur).

I have 3 years of High School “Technical Drafting” Training (Grade-C).

I have some Collegiate “Architecture Drafting” Training (Incomplete).

I have zero CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) Training.

I had used DeltaCAD 3.0 (a Non-Professional CAD Application–like AutoCAD–that could be used on average performance Home Computers) for 2D CAD Personal Projects; but, I only tapped into 10% of DeltaCAD 3.0 Features.

I had been using Blender 3D since 2014 as a 3D CAD Substitute for my Personal Projects; and, have only tapped into 1%-10% of Blender 3D Features.

My Blender 3D Visual Graphics is a testament to my Visual Graphics Skill Level; and, not a testament to Blender 3D limitations.

I created this Sketchbook to show what kinds of Visual Graphics Projects that I am doing with Blender 3D.

It has been a few years since my Last Posting on the Blender Artists Forums.

I had stopped working with Blender 3D for a short time; then, focused on my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept Text Documents; then, started using Blender 3D for creating Visual Graphics for my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Text Documents.

I also use Blender 3D for non-FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Personal Projects.

ADDED CONTENT – 20 APRIL 2018

Based on some of the Replies to the Original Posting of the Sketchbook Forum, I have decided to stagger the presentation of my Blender 3D Projects; so that, this Sketchbook doesn’t get Locked due to inactivity.

Most of my Blender 3D Projects are related to Spacecraft Designs (FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Spacecrft Designs and Non-FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Spacecraft Designs).

ADDED CONTENT – 28 JUNE 2018

Q-Lab%20FACEBOOK%20Sign
My “Querin’s Laboratory (Q-Lab)” FACEBOOK Page Profile Image
(not a Blender 3D Image)

ADDED CONTENT – 26 AUGUST 2018

I did some Text Editing on alot of my Postings today.

Mostly in the form of changing “MS Paint” to “MS Windows Paint”; and, correcting Normal Font Errors to proper Bold Font and Italics Font.

I Added Text Content to the Energy Weapon Manned Spacecraft to better describe how the B/EP Spacecraft Design is associated with that Spacefighter Design.

One of my Non-FLOWER CHILD PROJECTS is a Real Life Humanoid Android Project. A Sub-Project to the Humanoid Android is a Succubus Android.

Both the Human Android Project and the Succubus Android Project are Low-Priorities for me; even, without the many Sub-Projects associated with the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept.

I have started work on the Succubus Tail Structure; which, has three Sections: the Tail Stem; and, the Tail Wing (don’t know what else to call it); and, the Tail Stinger.

The Tail Stem is 6’0" long. The Tail Wing is approximately 1’0" long and approximately 1’0" Wide; and, is Heart-Shaped. The Tail Stinger is approximately 2" in length when Sheathed.

The Tail Stem and the Tail Wing are supposed to be extremely flexible; but, I am not sure how to make that work for the Tail Wing.

The Tail Stinger Structure itself is riggid; and, the Stinger proper is approximately 1/4" in length and 1/4" in diameter.

The Succubus Android stands about 6’0" from Bare Feet to Head Crown. Horns & Wings may, or may not, extend higher than the Head Crown.

The Succubus Android Tail Structure

The Succubus Android Tail Structure Skin Detail

The Succubus Android Tail Structure Bone Detail

The Succubus Android Tail Wing Structure

The Succubus Android Tail Stinger Structure (Extended)

I have alot of Side-Projects that are for Major Projects.

One of these has to deal with Real Life World War Two Aircraft Designs in relation to each other.

This Visual Graphic represents my modifying Blender 3D Projects using the Microsoft Windows Paint Application.

This was one attempt by me to updating my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT “2004 Presentation FolderDeltaCAD 3.0 Drawings with Blender 3D Visual Graphics back in 2014/2015.

This is one version of “Flower Child” (a Static Prototype Model).

Flower Child” is essentially a redesigned APOLLO CSM/LM Spacecraft. The Lunar Module is replaced by a Habitation Module; and, the Habitation Module is located between the Command Module and the Service Module; as well as, the APOLLO Service Module Main Engine is replaced by a “Modified Saturn V F-1 Engine”.

This particular “Flower Child” has an Airlock Module located between the Command Module and the Habitation Module.

This Blender 3D Project is one of my attempts at trying to understand Human & Robot Physics; as well as, how to create movement using Blender 3D.

This is my take on creating a Real Life Spacecraft Bridge based on the STAR TREK Starship “Enterprise” Bridge Layout.

This is not a FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Design Concept; but, a study in possible Real Life Spacecraft Design Concepts.

The Floor Space and the Railings that existed between the Captain’s Chair and the other Crew Stations, within the original TV Series, have been removed for the purpose of eliminating Wasted Space.

This Blender 3D Multi-Project was created to represent the kinds of Real Life Weaponized Manned Spacecraft Designs that could be created if the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept is pursued.

The FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept is focused on Non-Combat Outerspace-Only Spacecraft Designs; while, specializing in Non-Combat Orbit-To-Orbit-Only (OTO-Only) Spacecraft Designs.

Being that, Present Day Earth Humans aren’t capable of constructing in Outerspace any kind of Outerspace-Only Manned Spacecraft of this size, FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept; and, the Energy Weapon Spacecraft Designs like these, are moot as of 8 April 2018.

The Energy Weapon System is a LASER, or a Tachyon Cannon, or a Photon Cannon , et cetera that has the Energy Weapon Proper occupying a 20’0" x 20’0" x 20’0" Room; and, Energy Capacitors and/or Batteries occupying a 20’0" x 20’0" x 20’0" Room; and, a Power Generator (assumed to be a Nuclear Reactor) occupying a 20’0" x 20’0" x 20’0" Room; and, a Control Center for all three rooms that occupies an 20’0" x 20’0" x 20’0" Room. All 4 Rooms are enclosed in an Armor Module to represent the entire Weapon System Structure as a Singular Cargo Bay Item for a Spacecraft Design.

The Smaller Spacecraft Design is a Non-Weaponized “Bridge/Escape Pod” (B/EP) Spacecraft Design that is comparable to the APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and the SOYUZ Spacecraft in Dimensional Size and Spaceflight Performance. It could be designed to be armed with Planetary Atmospheric Missiles; but, Combat Spaceflight Performance of the B/EP Spacefighter would be that of a Manned Satellite.

======================================================================

This Project represents an Energy Weapon Satellite Spacecraft. The B/EP Spacecraft is used for size comparison between an Energy Weapon Combat Satellite and a Missile-Armed APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and a Missile-Armed SOYUZ Spacecraft.

The Main Propulsion System for the Energy Weapon Combat Satellite is an Earth-Launched Booster Rocket that is discarded after the Satellite has reached its Orbital Destination. The Reaction Control System for the Energy Weapon Combat Satellite is for maneuvering while On-Orbit.

This Project represents an Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter that is a counterpart to the Fictional Spacecraft Combat Designs of the 1970s BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider; and, the STAR WARS X-Wing Fighter. The B/EP Spacecraft is used for size comparison between an Energy Weapon Spacefighter and a Missile-Armed APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and a Missile-Armed SOYUZ Spacecraft.

The Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter doesn’t have an Earth-Launched Booster Rocket System; therefore, is assumed to have been constructed in Outerspace. Thus, the Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter has more maneuverabilty than an Orbital Satellite.

The Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter uses the B/EP Spacecraft as the Command Module, or Bridge Structure, of the Spacefighter Spacecraft. The B/EP Spacecraft can separate from the Spacefighter’s Main Body; and, act as an Independent Spacecraft from the Spacefighter Main Body.

The Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter can’t act as a Weaponized Satellite without the B/EP Spacecraft being attached to the Spacecraft Main Body.

I created a Text Document in 2016AD that explained my own theory concerning the USSR’s 1970s N-1 Rocket Failures.

Basically, the N-1 Rocket failed because the Outboard Engines weren’t properly positioned due to the actual number of Engines placed. The “Number Of Engines Used” is a Minor Issue when compared to the Engine Placement. The N-1 Rocket didn’t have a 0*/360* & 90* & 180* & 270* Outboard Engine Placement; which, IS THE MAJOR FACTOR why the N-1 Rocket failed.

I originally used DeltaCAD 3.0 to create a 2D Visual Graphic representing my theory. In 2017AD, I wanted to update my DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic; but, the Computer System that had DeltaCAD 3.0 installed was non-functional. I first used MS Windows Paint to make modifications & additions to my DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic; but, the results were totally pathetic. Then, I opted to create a New 2D Visual Graphic using Blender 3D to replace the DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic. Later, I created a couple of 3D Rocket Designs showing the differences between my “Proper” Outboard Engine Placement with the “Real Life” Outboard Engine Placement used by the USA and USSR/RF.

I believe that with Present Day Metallurgy and Present Day Computer Technology, the USSR’s 1970s N-1 Rocket could be a successful Rocket Design; even though, the “improper” Outboard Engine Placement is a problem waiting to happen.

This is my Blender 2D Visual Graphic representing my belief why the USSR’s 1970s N-1 Rocket was a failure.

This is one of my Blender 3D Visual Graphics representing a Rocket Design that utilizes the Real Life arrangement of Outboard Engines that is being used by Professional Aerospace Engineers. Although the placement of “2-Outboard Engines” and “4-Outboard Engines” would suggest that “6-Outboard Engines” would provide Balanced Thrust; that, is actually a fallacy.

This is one of my Blender 3D Visual Graphics representing a Rocket Design that has what I believe is to be the “Proper 0*/360* & 90* & 180* & 270* Outboard Engine Placement”. This Visual Graphic does reveal that this Engine Placement is very difficult for Aerospace Engineers to design a Spacecraft with Outboard Engine Modules that are flushed with the Center Module.

This Blender 3D Project is my representation of a Generic Real Life Rocket Design.

Although not a FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Spacecraft Design, this Rocket Design does utilize my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Spacecraft Design Protocols.

• The most notable being that the Fuel Tank and Oxidizer Tank don’t form the Exterior Wall of the Rocket Design.

The purpose of this Blender 3D Project is to represent a Generic Real Life Present Day Spacecraft Design. As of 29 April 2018, Real Life Spacecraft Designs are “Rockets”.

The now cancelled USA’s National Space Transportation System (STS) Orbiter was, and still is as of 29 April 2018, the only Operational Spacecraft Design that wasn’t a Rocket Design.

Some of my Blender 3D Spacecraft Design Projects are about representing the differences between Atmospheric Aircraft Flight Dynamics and Outerspace Spacecraft Flight Dynamics.

This particular Spacecraft Design is an Outerspace-Only Spacecraft that is purposely built like an Atmospheric Airplane for the purpose of demonstrating the Spacecraft Propulsion Systems needed to have an Outerspace-Only Spacecraft Design to have the same Flight Dynamics as an Atmospheric-Only Airplane.

This Outerspace-Only Spacecraft Design has the Propulsion Systems needed to allow this Spacecraft to have the same Flight Dynamics as an Atmospheric-Only Helicopter.

Most Outerspace Sci-Fi Genre TV Shows & Theater Movies have Spaceships (like Star Trek Starship “Entrprise” and Star Wars Star Destroyers) and Smallcraft (like the Battlestar Galactica TV Series Colonial Viper and the Star Wars Movie Theater Series X-Wing Fighter) having the flight performance of as Airplanes; and, not the flight performance of Helicopters.

Blender 3D Graphics Artist Application isn’t a Computer Aided Drafting Application; however, it is a 3D Visual Graphics Application.

Although I view 3D Objects as a Draftsman and Technical Engineer, I really don’t have the Mathematics Skill to do actual 3D Engineering Projects from scratch.

A very small portion of my 3D Visual Graphic Projects do involve Motion Graphics; so, Blender 3D is satisfactory for my own needs at this time; even though, I do want, and need, to have CAD Application Printout capability that Blender 3D doesn’t have.

It is my understanding that 3D CAD Applications don’t have Motion Graphics capability that Blender 3D has.

The following Visual Graphics represent the differences between CAD Drawings and Blender 3D Images.

This Visual Graphic shows the Blender 3D Rendering of a Legal Sized Paper (8-1/2" x 14") that has Drafting Bordering 1/4" from the Paper Edges.

This Visual Graphic shows the Blender 3D Project Mechanics for creating the rendered Legal-Sized (8-1/2" x 14") Drafting Paper Image.

This Visual Graphic is a Screenshot of me using MS Windows Paint to create a Legal-Sized Paper Image of the Blender 3D Rendering of a Legal-Sized (8-1/2" x 14") Drafting Paper via Cropping of the First Image.

It is obvious that the Blender 3D Rendered Image is nowhere near being accurate at representing properly scaled CAD Drawings for Printer Printouts.

MS Windows Paint is inadequate at representing properly scaled CAD Drawings for Printer Printouts as well.

Windows 10 OS MS Windows Paint is much worse as a Visual Graphics Application than the earlier Windows OS Versions; even so, MS Windows Paint is nowhere near capable at presenting Scaled Drawings like CAD Applications; and, is nowhere near capable at creating 2D Visual Graphics like Blender 3D.

Maybe, Windows OS MS Windows Paint would have been adequate for representing Visual Graphics that could be created with GW-BASIC Computer Programming Code sequencing.

I didn’t use MS Windows Paint during the time period that I was writing GW-BASIC Computer Programming Code (1992 thru 2005).

THE REASON that I started using Blender 3D in the first place is because I am trying to create a Full-Scale Human/Humanoid Android Head.

Originally, I was using DeltaCAD 3.0 for the Android Head Project; but, I quickly got into trouble with 3D Graphics Representation Issues.

I have 3 Years of High School “Technical Drafting” Training back in the 1980s; and, I started the Android Head Project back in 2004 or 2005; and, I hadn’t done any Professional Quality Drafting since graduating High School.

My brother introduced Blender 3D to me 2014. He had been using Blender 3D for at least a year as a “Photoshop” Platform for Pictures and Videos; and, for creating simple 2D and 3D Visual Graphics Projects.

I liked that Blender 3D was a 3D Visual Graphics Application that allowed for Animation Video Creation; which, perfectly suits my needs for creating a Human/Humanoid Android Head.

Even so…Since 2014, the Human/Humanoid Android Head has been a Low-Priority Project that I occasionally dabble with.

I do have more recent Blender 3D Projects concerning my attempts at creating a Human/Humanoid Android Head.

This DeltaCAD Project is what got me wanting to have a 3D CAD Application back in 2004/2005 for my Human/Humanoid Android Head Project.

This is one of my early attempts at using Blender 3D for my Human/Humanoid Android Head Project; before, I started focusing on using Blender 3D for my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept.

This is another Pre-FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Blender 3D attempt at creating a Human/Humanoid Android Head.

The following Images are of a more recent attempt at creating an Android Head using Blender 3D.

This is a Study Project for learning about Head Structures and Teeth Structures and Jaw Structures.

This is a Rendered View depicting the actual appearance of this Skull Design.

This Image shows the Wire Frame Structure that I used to create this Skull Design.

An important issue regarding the design of an Android’s Head is the representation of the Teeth Structures.

Automaton Robots like Asimo don’t need Teeth or a Mouth.

Automaton Androids like the Geminoids, and the Actroids, and the Aikiko Android, are meant to look like Humans and do have a Mouth Structure for representing Human Speaking; thus, these Automaton Androids do require Human Teeth-Shaped Structures.

My own Humanoid Android Design also has a Mouth Structure; and, requires Teeth Structures. The question is “?Human Teeth or Non-Human Teeth?”.

• My Human Android Design is to have Human Teeth Structures.
  • My Succubus Android Design is to have Non-Human Teeth Structures.

Being that both of my Android Designs are to have Teeth Structures, the question become…

• “?What are the Shape & Size of the Teeth Structures?”.

I chose that the Teeth Structures will represent an Individual Tooth that is repeated multiple times in the same manner as Real Life Human Teeth.

I have chosen to replace the Incisor Teeth with Molar Teeth for both Android Designs. The purpose is to reduce Chances Of Injury if a Real Life Human is bitten by the Android.

I also chose that the Succubus Android is to have Canine Teeth in addition to Human Teeth.

This is my Blender 3D Project for representing the Tooth Design of a Canine Tooth that the Succubus Android is to have. The Tooth Design is still a Work-In-Progress.

This is my fist Published Blender 3D Video Animation.

This Video is of an Android Head doing a “Chewing” Sequence from various angles.

I am wanting a Thumbnail Image to initiate the Video; but, I haven’t figured out how to do that as of yet.

You have to Downloaded this File in order to play it on a Media Player of your choosing that is on your Computer.

:frowning_face: sorry :frowning_face:

JawOpen-Close_0001-1012.avi (2.8 MB)

I am not a Professional Aerospace Engineer; and, I am not in Social Contact with an Professional Aerospace Engineer.

Thus, my understanding of Real Life Spacecraft Design & Technology comes from The New Media Industry: Newspapers; and, News Magazines; and, TV Documentaries; and, Books.

I was born in the 1960s; thus, The Internet hasn’t been my Source Of Knowledge concerning Spacecraft.

Most of my views concerning Spacecraft Design is based on The Multi-Media Industry’s Outerspace Science-Fiction Genre Publications: the 1970s Battlestar Galactica; and, Space: 1999; and, the Original Star Trek TV Series; and, Star Blazers; and, Star Wars IV & V & VI.

However, I have watched other Outerspace Science-Fiction Publications as well: the Original Lost In Space TV Series; and, 2001: a Space Odyssey; and, The Blue Crystal; and, the Original (the 1st four Doctors) Doctor Who TV Series; and, Alien; and, the 1970s Buck Rogers Of The 25th Century TV Series; and, whatnot (too many to count and remember at this time; which includes, 1940s & 1950s & 1960s Movies).

I became a Roleplaying Game Player (RPGer) in 1982 with Dungeons & Dragons (The Red Book Rules) roleplaying Game System. I became a Hardcore RPGer in 1984 playing Advanced Dungeons & Dragons (1st Edition aka Gary Gygax Edition). In 1985, I branched out to Outerspace Science-Fiction Roleplaying Games: (c)1980 Traveller: Science-Fiction Adventure In The Far Future; and, Star Frontiers (2nd Editon).

I grew up as a Pre-Teen, I had watched the TV Documentary “The History Of Space Flight” half a dozen times. I was into “The History Of Space Flight” as much as I was into the Godzilla Movies & TV Series of that same time period.

Thus, as a High Schooler, I started seeing the disconnect between Real Life Spacecraft Designs and the Science-Fiction Spacecraft Designs; and, there were no Roleplaying Game Systems that allowed for “Modern Day” Outerspace Science-Fiction Adventures using “Modern Day” Spacecraft Technologies.

In 1985 & 1986, I envisioned New Real Life Spacecraft Designs based on what I called Orbit-To-Orbit-Only Spacecraft that would be researched and developed from the APOLLO CSM/LM Spacecraft Design; because, the APOLLO CSM/LM Spacecraft was the only Earth Human Spacecraft Design to have repeatedly taken a number of Earth Humans to another Celestial Body (Luna) and back to Earth.

In 1985 & 1986, I referred to this Spacecraft Design Concept as “The Next Generation Of MERCURY And GEMINI And APOLLO Spacecraft Designs”. In 1993, I Officially Named this Spacecraft Design Concept the “FLOWER CHILD PROJECT”.

The Concept is basically a process of researching and developing Exploration Spacecraft Designs and Outerspace Tourism Spacecraft Designs; so that, eventually, Spacecraft Designs that can allow for Earth Human Civilian Colonization Of Mars will become possible.

However, based on my Knowledge & Understanding of Earth Human History and of Earth Human Military Technology, I believed in 1985 & 1986 that my Spacecraft Design Concept would allow for the development of Real Life Outerspace Combat Spacecraft Designs; even though, I was opposed to The Militarization, And/Or The Weaponization, Of Outerspace.

The USA’s Star Blazers, aka Japan’s Space Battleship Yamato, Outerspace Science-Fiction Publication is the only Outerspace Science-Fiction Spacecraft Design that is based on Real Life Earth Human Technology; albeit, Japan’s World War Two Battleship “Yamato”.

Real Life Outerspace Warfare is impractical with Present Day Spacecraft Design Technologies.

I have made various Blender 3D Projects using Japan’s WW2 Battleship “Yamato” Hull Volume for representing the realities of what is needed for Real Life OTO-Only Spacecraft Designs; as well as, representing the realities of Present Day Military Technology in relation to Outerspace Warfare.

=====================================================================

This is my Blender 3D Project comparing Japan’s WW2 “Yamato” with my Blender 3D version of my DeltaCAD 3.0 “Maintenance” Space Station Design Concept.

IJN%20Yamato%20VS%20Saturn%20V%20S-IC%20Booster

This is my Blender 3D Project comparing Japan’s WW2 Battleship “Yamato” to the Saturn V S-IC Booster Stage.

This is my Blender 3D Project that attempts to provide Japan’s WW2 Battleship “Yamato” Hull with an Outerspace Propulsion System using the Saturn V S-C Booster Stage as the Main Propulsion System.

These Projects in combination do reveal how far we Earth Humans have to go technologically before Orbit-To-Orbit-Only Spacecraft Designs, and Earth Human Civilian Colonization Of Mars, can actually occur.