Q-Lab :: Sketchbook

I am not a Visual Graphics Artist (Professional or Amateur).

I have 3 years of High School "Technical Drafting" Training (Grade-C).

I have some Collegiate "Architecture Drafting" Training (Incomplete).

I have zero CAD (Computer Aided Drafting) Training.

I had used DeltaCAD 3.0 (a Non-Professional CAD Application--like AutoCAD--that could be used on average performance Home Computers) for 2D CAD Personal Projects; but, I only tapped into 10% of DeltaCAD 3.0 Features.

I had been using Blender 3D since 2014 as a 3D CAD Substitute for my Personal Projects; and, have only tapped into 1%-10% of Blender 3D Features.

My Blender 3D Visual Graphics is a testament to my Visual Graphics Skill Level; and, not a testament to Blender 3D limitations.

I created this Sketchbook to show what kinds of Visual Graphics Projects that I am doing with Blender 3D.

It has been a few years since my Last Posting on the Blender Artists Forums.

I had stopped working with Blender 3D for a short time; then, focused on my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept Text Documents; then, started using Blender 3D for creating Visual Graphics for my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Text Documents.

I also use Blender 3D for non-FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Personal Projects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRAVELLER Star Child.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	520627
    Last edited by Q-Lab; 08-Apr-18 at 12:16.
    "!!! NO WEAPONS IN OUTERSPACE !!!" -- Steven T. Querin

Q-LAB
    Science & Technology Personal Projects

One of my Non-FLOWER CHILD PROJECTS is a Real Life Humanoid Android Project. A Sub-Project to the Humanoid Android is a Succubus Android.

Both the Human Android Project and the Succubus Android Project are Low-Priorities for me; even, without the many Sub-Projects associated with the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept.

I have started work on the Succubus Tail Structure; which, has three Sections: the Tail Stem; and, the Tail Wing (don't know what else to call it); and, the Tail Stinger.

The Tail Stem is 6'0" long. The Tail Wing is approximately 1'0" long and approximately 1'0" Wide; and, is Heart-Shaped. The Tail Stinger is approximately 2" in length when Sheathed.

The Tail Stem and the Tail Wing are supposed to be extremely flexible; but, I am not sure how to make that work for the Tail Wing.

The Tail Stinger Structure itself is riggid; and, the Stinger proper is approximately 1/4" in length and 1/4" in diameter.

The Succubus Android stands about 6'0" from Bare Feet to Head Crown. Horns & Wings may, or may not, extend higher than the Head Crown.

Q-LAB

The Succubus Android Tail Structure

Name:	IsisSuccubus-TailStem -Image1.blend.png 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	520118

The Succubus Android Tail Structure Skin Detail

Name:	IsisSuccubus-TailStem -Image-SkinDetail1.blend.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	520120

The Succubus Android Tail Structure Bone Detail

Name:	IsisSuccubus-TailStem -Image-BoneDetail1.blend.png 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	520121

Q-LAB

The Succubus Android Tail Wing Structure

Name:	IsisSuccubus-TailWing -Image1.blend.png 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	520122

The Succubus Android Tail Stinger Structure (Extended)

Name:	IsisSuccubus-TailWing -Image-Stinger1.blend.png 
Size:	285.6 KB 
ID:	520123

Q-LAB

I have alot of Side-Projects that are for Major Projects.

One of these has to deal with Real Life World War Two Aircraft Designs in relation to each other.

This Visual Graphic represents my modifying Blender 3D Projects using the Microsoft Paint Application.

Name:	WW2 Warplane Basic Designs.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	520125

Q-LAB

This was one attempt by me to updating my FLOWER CHILD PROJECT "2004 Presentation Folder" DeltaCAD 3.0 Drawings with Blender 3D Visual Graphics back in 2014/2015.

Name:	EARTH CHILD Modules (flawed design).png 
Views:	4 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	520126

This is one version of "Flower Child" (a Static Prototype Model).

"Flower Child" is essentially a redesigned APOLLO CSM/LM Spacecraft. The Lunar Module is replaced by a Habitation Module; and, the Habitation Module is located between the Command Module and the Service Module; as well as, the APOLLO Service Module Main Engine is replaced by a "Modified Saturn V F-1 Engine".

This particular "Flower Child" has an Airlock Module located between the Command Module and the Habitation Module.

Q-LAB

This Blender 3D Project is one of my attempts at trying to understand Human & Robot Physics; as well as, how to create movement using Blender 3D.

Name:	5ft-10in Human Female #0 -Image#1.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	520128

Q-LAB

This is my take on creating a Real Life Spacecraft Bridge based on the STAR TREK Starship "Enterprise" Bridge Layout.

This is not a FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Design Concept; but, a study in possible Real Life Spacecraft Design Concepts.

Name:	Starship Enterprise Bridge Layout.png 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	520129

The Floor Space and the Railings that existed between the Captain's Chair and the other Crew Stations, within the original TV Series, have been removed for the purpose of eliminating Wasted Space.

Q-LAB

This Blender 3D Multi-Project was created to represent the kinds of Real Life Weaponized Manned Spacecraft Designs that could be created if the FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept is pursued.

The FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept is focused on Non-Combat Outerspace-Only Spacecraft Designs; while, specializing in Non-Combat Orbit-To-Orbit-Only (OTO-Only) Spacecraft Designs.

Being that, Present Day Earth Humans aren't capable of constructing in Outerspace any kind of Outerspace-Only Manned Spacecraft of this size, FLOWER CHILD PROJECT Manned Spacecraft Design Concept; and, the Energy Weapon Spacecraft Designs like these, are moot as of 8 April 2018.

The Energy Weapon System is a LASER, or a Tachyon Cannon, or a Photon Cannon , et cetera that has the Energy Weapon Proper occupying a 20'0" x 20'0" x 20'0" Room; and, Energy Capacitors and/or Batteries occupying a 20'0" x 20'0" x 20'0" Room; and, a Power Generator (assumed to be a Nuclear Reactor) occupying a 20'0" x 20'0" x 20'0" Room; and, a Control Center for all three rooms that occupies an 20'0" x 20'0" x 20'0" Room. All 4 Rooms are enclosed in an Armor Module to represent the entire Weapon System Structure as a Singular Cargo Bay Item for a Spacecraft Design.

The Smaller Spacecraft Design is a "Bridge/Escape Pod" (B/EP) Spacecraft Design that is comparable to the APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and the SOYUZ Spacecraft in Dimensional Size and Spaceflight Performance. It could be designed to be armed with Planetary Atmospheric Missiles; but, Combat Spaceflight Performance of the B/EP Spacefighter would be that of a Manned Satellite.

Name:	STQ Energy-Weapon Combat Satellite.png 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	520628
    This Project represents an Energy Weapon Satellite Spacecraft. The B/EP Spacecraft is used for size comparison between an Energy Weapon Combat Satellite and a Missile-Armed APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and a Missile-Armed SOYUZ Spacecraft.

The Main Propulsion System for the Energy Weapon Combat Satellite is an Earth-Launched Booster Rocket that is discarded after the Satellite has reached its Orbital Destination. The Reaction Control System for the Energy Weapon Combat Satellite is for maneuvering while On-Orbit.

Name:	STQ Energy-Weapon Spacefighter.png 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	520629
    This Project represents an Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter that is a counterpart to the Fictional Spacecraft Combat Designs of the 1970s BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Colonial Viper and Cylon Raider; and, the STAR WARS X-Wing Fighter. The B/EP Spacecraft is used for size comparison between an Energy Weapon Spacefighter and a Missile-Armed APOLLO CSM Spacecraft and a Missile-Armed SOYUZ Spacecraft.

The Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter doesn't have an Earth-Launched Booster Rocket System; therefore, is assumed to have been constructed in Outerspace. Thus, the Energy Weapon Manned Spacefighter has more maneuverabilty than an Orbital Satellite.
    Last edited by Q-Lab; 08-Apr-18 at 13:29.

Q-LAB

I created a Text Document in 2016AD that explained my own theory concerning the USSR's 1970s N-1 Rocket Failures.

Basically, the N-1 Rocket failed because the Outboard Engines weren't properly positioned due to the actual number of Engines placed. The "Number Of Engines Used" is a Minor Issue when compared to the Engine Placement. The N-1 Rocket didn't have a 0*/360* & 90* & 180* & 270* Outboard Engine Placement; which, IS THE MAJOR FACTOR why the N-1 Rocket failed.

I originally used DeltaCAD 3.0 to create a 2D Visual Graphic representing my theory. In 2017AD, I wanted to update my DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic; but, the Computer System that had DeltaCAD 3.0 installed was non-functional. I first used MS Paint to make modifications & additions to my DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic; but, the results were totally pathetic. Then, I opted to create a New 2D Visual Graphic using Blender 3D to replace the DeltaCAD 3.0 Visual Graphic. Later, I created a couple of 3D Rocket Designs showing the differences between my "Proper" Outboard Engine Placement with the "Real Life" Outboard Engine Placement used by the USA and USSR/RF.

I believe that with Present Day Metallurgy and Present Day Computer Technology, the USSR's 1970s N-1 Rocket could be a successful Rocket Design; even though, the "improper" Outboard Engine Placement is a problem waiting to happen.

Name:	N-1 Rocket Booster Arrangement.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	521260
    This is my Blender 2D Visual Graphic representing my belief why the USSR's 1970s N-1 Rocket was a failure.

Name:	NASA1970s&1980sRealistic -Engines2.blend.png 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	521261
    This is one of my Blender 3D Visual Graphics representing a Rocket Design that utilizes the Real Life arrangement of Outboard Engines that is being used by Professional Aerospace Engineers. Although the placement of "2-Outboard Engines" and "4-Outboard Engines" would suggest that "6-Outboard Engines" would provide Balanced Thrust; that, is actually a fallacy.

Name:	Proper 1970s & 1980s Deep Space Manned Spacecraft -Engines.png 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	521262
    This is one of my Blender 3D Visual Graphics representing a Rocket Design that has what I believe is to be the "Proper 0*/360* & 90* & 180* & 270* Outboard Engine Placement". This Visual Graphic does reveal that this Engine Placement is very difficult for Aerospace Engineers to design a Spacecraft with Outboard Engine Modules that are flushed with the Center Module.

Q-LAB