Question regarding Modules to help a noob learn.. Please be gentle...

I have a model that uses a 3rd party plugin to help create it in blender and adds new elements to the Data-Blocks.

That plugin has a module named the same as a module in a bpy core modules.

I realize that I have to add Script locations to my userpref files in order to be able to load (import) the 3rd party module into a script that I’m writing in order to use its custom classes and functions, or I’ll get a “can’t find module” error.

But I’m trying to wrap my head around the way this works.

Blender Python has the module bpy.utils, the plug in module I think I need to use is also named bpy.utils . If I import that custom bpy.utils.py with an import statement in my script, does it “append to” or does it “replace” the blender module.
(I believe the 3rd party module that contains additional content is appended to the blender module)

Also, because I don’t currently have the custom py “imported” in my script, is this why I can’t find objects with my code even though theyare visible in the Data-Block outliner property panel and in scene?

For example, let’s say the 3rd party importer for a model adds a new object called my_bones and creates a bunch of controls for these bones as a subset to the Pose data block .

When I try to reach the data for this object through code without importing the module, I can’t find them. But I can see the objects clearly under pose as my_bones.bones and all the controls in the Data-Blocks Outliner.

(ie print(bpy.context.scene.data…poses.my_bones.name)) does not find my_bones if this were the data path to the data, but I can see it in Data-Blocks panel plain as day following that same path.

Is this just my in ability to properly code yet, or does the 3rd party module have to be imported in order to add the functionality to my coding?

Follow up:

Ok, I’ve managed to find the coding data path to the data I could not see before. The data had a really obscure path, but now I can code to it.

But, I still would like to know just how the modules work.

If I import a module, does that imported module replace or append to an already loaded module if they have they have the same name?

Also, if the Scripting File Location in UserPref has been pointed to a folder containing subfolders of modules having the same names, how does blender know which module to load?

Thanks

Well after @ 100 views and no replies it doesn’t look like I am going to get any type of feedback, so I may as well mark this one as solved.

I just don’t understand why no one responded. Is it that I didn’t phrase my questions correctly and what I’m asking, not understood? Or am I not posting in the correct Forum?

Anyway, I’m stumbling through my code and advancing. Things are now being selected, appended, and deleted as needed and expected.

Regards.