Full Rotation Then Back to Standard Pose

So, I have a character

He does a roll animation. (His model and everything rotates 360 degrees by the end)

Now, the problem is that I want him to transition into a new animation state, but the problem is that no matter what I do, the model wants to roll those 360 degrees back. Like it somehow needs to compensate.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/orcffenht010xe5/ezgif-1-efc6f888d1.gif?raw=1
(Model spins back. I was wondering if there was a way for it to “accept” its rotation.)

Is there some way for it to transition into an animation state without having to roll back its rotation?

I know this is a bit of an old bump but this is still a problem I have.
If anything is unclear, please, ask any questions you might have. :slight_smile: Your help is greatly appreciated

Use the NLA to mix your actions.

Thanks for reaching out, Stilltrying. That still leaves the problem I have or I am not understand the exact way you have in mind.

Basically, it’s like my character has gotten a rotation value of 360.
What I kinda need is a way to set that back to 0 after the animation.

Your either going to have to put in a blend or tell us exactly how you are proceeding. I can’t see what you are doing, and I can’t guess on how you are doing it. Are you starting a new action. Do you have an action in the NLA? Have you duplicated the keyframes in a new action? Etc, etc. etc. Love to help not enough information.

Sorry for the delay.

Here is a video that outlines the objective, the problem and what I have seen.

I hope it can help explain. Sort of help to make you able to help :slight_smile:

To do this in Blender the easy way, you need two actions. Roll action and then an idle action. After you have the two actions, you put them in the NLA and then blend them how you want.

In the Action Editor, if you have your roll animation first, push it down to the NLA by clicking Push Down. Click new in the action editor and do your idle by keyframing the new action. When you have that action completed, push it down in the NLA. Then use the NLA to blend the two actions however you want. Watch your keyframing. YOU need to be sure than any bone keyframed in the first action knows where it should go in the second action.

Also, if the character is rotating forward (rotations ascend from 0º to 360º), make sure the final rotation-value is 360, not 0. (Look at the underlying curves: I daresay right now you’ll see the problem.) If the last number is 359 and the next one’s 0, well … it’s gonna go backwards, real fast!

Always "look at the curves." Set-up the motion visually if you wish, but then review how Blender captured it as a curve, because that curve’s what’s going to drive the animation. Mistakes are fairly-instantly obvious, and easily corrected.