Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 113 of 113
  1. #101
    Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I also assume you have a NVIDIA GPU, their OpenCL compiler can be very slow compared to AMD one.
    Nope. I have AMD r9 390x. Even a cube takes a minute in blender.



  2. #102
    Originally Posted by BigBlend View Post
    Nope. I have AMD r9 390x. Even a cube takes a minute in blender.
    Well, in this case, you may have a problem, can you open the Blender console, do a rendering and post the console output (here or in our forums).



  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,213
    Originally Posted by YAFU View Post
    Hi.
    Is it a known problem/limitation that Rendered preview lose material and not update if you move some object while Rendered view enabled in viewport?
    http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=49343

    Turn to Rendered view - Move (G) any object

    Kubuntu 18.04, lux v2 beta3
    On Windows 7 after transformation it turns to white. I think some issues are known.
    Check here: https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/BlendLuxCore/issues
    Last edited by burnin; 18-Apr-18 at 23:26.



  4. #104
    Originally Posted by B.Y.O.B. View Post
    I can not reproduce this, when I save as OpenEXR multilayer and open the saved image in Blender, the UV pass looks like in Blender.

    Note that most AOVs only work with Path engine, not with Bidir.

    Attachment 521501
    Hi B.Y.O.B.,

    apparently the Luxcore UV-Pass and the Blender(Cycles) UV-Pass differ fundamentally.
    How can I use it if it does not work with the Map-UV-Node?

    The Blend:
    http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=49350

    picture-1.jpg

    picture-2.jpg
    Win 7 - GTX 750TI



  5. #105
    Member B.Y.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    218
    apparently the Luxcore UV-Pass and the Blender(Cycles) UV-Pass differ fundamentally.
    How can I use it if it does not work with the Map-UV-Node?
    To be frank I did not even know that the "Map UV" node existed until you told me.
    So far I have only exposed the UV pass in LuxCore to Blender. You are probably the first user who tries to use it in praxis.
    It would be great if you could open a dedicated thread for this issue on our forums so we make this feature usable for end-users.



  6. #106
    Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well, in this case, you may have a problem, can you open the Blender console, do a rendering and post the console output (here or in our forums).
    I seem to miss something in the communication here

    I assume you are talking about Luxrender because your post history seem to be about luxrender and that you said "our forums". Are you one of the devs for luxrender?

    If it is so as I previous stated that you are talking about Luxrender then there is no slowness. I was saying that Blender Cycles is really slow and that Luxrender is super fast. I was stating why Cycles is 20-30 times slower than Luxrender and why Cycles can't compile that fast.

    If you are talking about Cycles then it's a known problem that first time cycles is loading the stuff on first rendering is crazy slow on AMD opencl. Here is for the default cube. I'm using a daily build blender-2.79.0-git.d2e1a14-windows64:

    Compiling OpenCL program split
    Kernel compilation of split finished in 12.31s.

    Compiling OpenCL program base
    Kernel compilation of base finished in 8.83s.



  7. #107
    Originally Posted by B.Y.O.B. View Post
    To be frank I did not even know that the "Map UV" node existed until you told me.
    So far I have only exposed the UV pass in LuxCore to Blender. You are probably the first user who tries to use it in praxis.
    It would be great if you could open a dedicated thread for this issue on our forums so we make this feature usable for end-users.
    Done
    https://github.com/LuxCoreRender/LuxCore/issues/96
    Win 7 - GTX 750TI



  8. #108
    Member B.Y.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    218
    @BigBlend: Dade is our project coordinator and the LuxCore lead developer.
    The misunderstandig happened because we assumed that you mean our Blender addon when you wrote "Blender opencl compilation time is 90 seconds". Due to the context it was not clear that you were referring to Blender Cycles



  9. #109
    Originally Posted by NewVisitor View Post
    Hi B.Y.O.B.,

    apparently the Luxcore UV-Pass and the Blender(Cycles) UV-Pass differ fundamentally.
    How can I use it if it does not work with the Map-UV-Node?

    ...
    I think if you just invert the colors that will work. Well, I suppose it would be nice if it was fixed to work the same way as Cycles does if current users of Lux are not used to it working this way yet.



  10. #110
    Member B.Y.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    218
    Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
    I think if you just invert the colors that will work.
    No, Cycles seems to add 1.0 in the third channel where a UV layout exists (or maybe on another condition, I have to search the Blender documentation for details).
    See the issue NewVisitor linked above.



  11. #111
    Originally Posted by B.Y.O.B. View Post
    No, Cycles seems to add 1.0 in the third channel where a UV layout exists (or maybe on another condition, I have to search the Blender documentation for details).
    See the issue NewVisitor linked above.
    Yep, you are right. Adding RGB(0,0,1) with a mix node seems to work. I don't even know now how I came up with inverting it when I was playing with it in my test scene. My head is not working today.
    Last edited by MartinZ; 19-Apr-18 at 09:19.



  12. #112
    Member B.Y.O.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    218
    Originally Posted by MartinZ View Post
    Yes, I noticed that, but to be honest I don't think if there is much of a difference if space undefined by UV map is considered to be at (0,0) or (1,1). As far as functionality goes it will be pretty similar the way I see it. The remapped image will still need to be masked in compositing.

    Edit: No, wait, I am misunderstanding something
    The problem is that the Map UV node seems to use the third channel as a mask for where to apply the mapped image.
    When the mask is 0 everywhere, nothing shows up.



  13. #113
    Originally Posted by BigBlend View Post
    I seem to miss something in the communication here

    I assume you are talking about Luxrender because your post history seem to be about luxrender and that you said "our forums". Are you one of the devs for luxrender?
    Yup.

    Originally Posted by BigBlend View Post
    If it is so as I previous stated that you are talking about Luxrender then there is no slowness. I was saying that Blender Cycles is really slow and that Luxrender is super fast. I was stating why Cycles is 20-30 times slower than Luxrender and why Cycles can't compile that fast.

    If you are talking about Cycles then it's a known problem that first time cycles is loading the stuff on first rendering is crazy slow on AMD opencl. Here is for the default cube. I'm using a daily build blender-2.79.0-git.d2e1a14-windows64:
    Ahhh, I was thinking to a difference in compilation time between LuxMark and LuxCoreRender.

    Cycles still use some huge OpenCL kernel, even after the work of AMD to split the BIG monolithic kernel in smaller parts. LuxCoreRender uses a larger number of smaller kernels than Cycles, this can easily explain the compilation time difference.



Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •