Where are my custome theme files?

I want to upload my costume theme for other people to use but I cant find it! I assume it would be an XML file under:
Blender/Resources/2.79/scripts/presets/interface_theme/ -CustomeTheme.XML- (Or whatever I called it)
I am using a mac by the way.

Any idea where my theme would be???

From blender.org forum (example is Blender 2.66) Please notice that the poster had his personell theme in a prior installation:

With my Blender 2.66 blender.app, the full path to the files is this:

/Applications/Blender 2.66/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.66/scripts/presets/interface_theme

You probably shouldn’t make any changes while Blender is running, though.

I found my own custom themes in my user library folder, here:

/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.65/scripts/presets/interface_theme

I couldnt find my files in:

/Applications/Blender 2.66/blender.app/Contents/MacOS/2.66/scripts/presets/interface_theme

in:

/Users/[your_user_name]/Library/Application Support/Blender/2.65/scripts/presets/interface_theme

or in any of the other directories under “Blender” (2.71, 2.72…)

I tried viewing all my hidden files under those directories I could not find any XML files.
What would be causing this? Is it possible that I changed where my costume theme files are saved? If so how can I fix this???

Well, I am not on Mac, so I do not really know, how the [user-based] data are driven. But under windows, if You adjust or build a new theme AND you do NOT change the paths while saving, it’s stored in the [user-name]/AppData/Roaming/BlenderFoundation/Blender/[Version-Number f.e. 2.79]/scripts/presets/interface_theme/

So I guess it should be the seccond path, I copied into my prior post. But maybe someone from a Mac could check this. otherwise… well Do a long-run search for files with XML extension and see, where they might be on your computer.

I have had this problem as well. Haven’t come up with any solutions and would really like one!

Thanks Mike. I did a search for all the XML files on my computer and came up with thousands as you might imagine. Non of the files appeared to have the name I gave the theme when I created it in blender.

As now seems obvious something is wrong or not normal. Would uninstalling and reinstalling blender fix this? how far do I have to go to fix this problem? different OS maybe?

if you go to themes in Blender and hover over your theme, it should tell its location. At least it does this on Windows.

@AFWS Thank you this is just what I needed!

I did eventually find the files after looking at the file path blender gave me when hoovering over the theme. The files were under a 2.79 directory on a secondary disk I have. I needed to use the terminal to unhide my hidden files before I was able to access the Library folder.

here are the hide and show commands I used:

show - defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
hide - defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO

Thanks for the help Mike and AFWS!