Ok, weird. I cannot select anything with the select mouse anymore...

In the 3D view, I suddenly cannot select anything anymore using the select mouse button. I have reset all of my input preferences to be the Blender defaults, but no matter what I do, I cannot select anything by clicking on it.

I can select using border select (“B”). But neither left nor right mouse will select anything at all most of the time. If I keep clicking around, occasionally something will be selected. I have better (but not perfect) luck in wireframe mode and selecting a wire. If I do that, about half the time it will just de-select what was selected before, and the second time I click it will select what is under the mouse. The other half of the time it behaves correctly. But in shaded mode, I almost never am able to select anything.

The info window shows this command each time I click (whether I successfully select something or not):

bpy.ops.object.select.all(action-‘DESELECT’)

When I open up a blank Blender on my laptop (vs. my desktop), it works correctly. And when I click on something, I don’t get ANY message in the info window.

When I open the same scene that doesn’t work on my desktop on my laptop, I can select just fine. I also get the same message:

bpy.ops.object.select.all(action-‘DESELECT’)

But it actually works.

And to re-iterate, this is all with what I think is the default blender setup.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this? Thanks!

After two days of weirdness, suddenly it is working again…

I have no idea why. Oh well… I’ll take it.

Is it possible you clicked on affect pivot only. Donig that, the objects suddenly won’t rotate / scale.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not sure exactly where “affect pivot only” would be. There is a button called “Manipulate Center Points”. Is that what you mean?

I tried enabling and disabling that but it doesn’t reproduce the issue.

At any rate, as long as it is working for now I am happy.

Thanks again.

Well I thought that was it, but no, like you say, doesn’t stop it. I do recall having a similar isuue in the past but for the life of me can’t recall how I sorted it. It was a simple “duh” thing though. :slight_smile: