Weird problem with copy rotation constraint

Hi does anyone know why this happens when I try to add a copy rotation constraint?

The child bones of the constrained bone are all rotated, and I can’t figure out how to get them right.

You set the Copy Rot constraint to World Space - it should be Local Space for bones - in both cases if you use a bone to influence the bone with the Copy Rot constraint. Don’t forget that Local Y is always along the bone, from head to tail and that Local X and Z won’t necessarily follow Global, or World axes.

Cheers ,Clock.

Yeah, tried that but then it goes like this:

Ok, solved it by rolling the constrained bone. Thanks for the help. Tend to get a bit lost in space sometimes :slight_smile:

You’re welcome, I pays to take a real close look at the bone axes, I see you have enabled axis view on your armature. Bones tend to get rolled weird ways if you move the tail from being vertically above the head to being out along the Y axis for example - you can always roll them in Edit mode though.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Cheers, Clock.

EDIT:

Take a look at the manual pages for “Normalising Bone Rolls”, CTRL+N in Edit mode, it can help to get all bones normalised to an axis, etc.