Jeep Willys Game Model

Can anyone give me advice on how to add more detail to the texture or the model? I wanna make this jeep rusted and old. As of now, it’s too clean. This model has 688 vertices, 1,891 edges, 1,215 faces, and 1,276 tris (this does not include the number of vertices, edges, faces, or tris of the wheels).
I’m not aiming for anything too realistic, but I wanna make this jeep at least look like it came from a late ps2 or original xbox game (and maybe even an early ps3 or xbox 360 game)
I plan to use this model as a game asset, so I can’t use anything related to Cycles (as far as I know)

Here’s what the texture looks like:

I put the ambient occlusion over the diffuse, and that’s what the result looks like
and here’s what the uv layout looks like:

The shading is in GLSL.
And any other advice is welcome.

You have too many triangular faces, you must hate quads and ngons(more than four).This is very bad for game modelling because it is more resource intensive.You need to try to work more with ngons just watch this video it applies for every modelling software https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFSTfAOOZ9M.In the back for example instead of having 20 tris you could have 4 quads as it is mostly flat.It will ruin the texture but game assets need to be optimized first.

I just saw the tutorial and I’ll redo the model with better polys/faces.
The reason why I triangulated everything was to get it ready be used in a game engine because I read that game engines will triangulate game models anyways.

Thanks for the heads up.

Except triangles are totally normal, game models going to be triangulated anyway and some areas require to be manually triangulated in order to avoid errors.
As for ngons they are fine only if they don’t have holes and completely flat so they won’t cause any problem on triangulation.

General rule for game model is to clean up geometry from vertices that does not form any shape unless they used to form edges for UV.
Further make better unwrap and set up hard edges on sharp corners to fix smoothing problems.
As for texture if you going to fill everything with one color it obviously going to look like as if it was filled with that color… if you want to make it look old and rusty you have to paint or generate those details in software were you texture and methods for that varies.

Here’s what I’m doing at the moment:

Flat shading is on the left and smooth shading is on the right.

In regards to making the edges hard, would it be best to split the edges so that the faces are separate as shown below? Or would it be better to keep the parts together? Separating the faces does fix smoothing issues, but I’m concerned about the texturing process.